Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent a week in Morocco. Did some typical touristy things such as hot air balloon ride, riding on camels in the desert, and roamed around Marrakech a bit. The main square and the surrounding little alleys filled with street vendors, pedestrian and motorcycle traffic was a zoo, but it certainly has its charm. That city sure is alive. And the nearby Atlas mountains look spectacular.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JLTD
Thanks for sharing! Exotic location....how was the safety aspect and language barrier?

Gotta be mindful of pick-pockets, but other than that, no issues with safety.

As far as language, most hotel/restaurant staff and cabbies know at least basic English. Now, if you decide to stay at a traditional riad, then it may be a different story. Apart from Arabic, French is also widely spoken there.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Iceland is awesome. We visited there 6 years ago. Not cheap, but very unique.

There are dating apps you use as an Iceland native to make sure you don't get too cozy with closer than first cousins. Not much genetic diversity. I'm not sure I could get behind every gal looking and sounding like Bjork.

I traveled all over the northern half of Morocco. It's a fantastic country; beautiful, different and ancient. I've been there three times. It's hard to wrap your head around their history being a few thousand years old compared to ours being a few hundred. I was told the major market, or souk, in Casa is about 2000 years old. Fantastic food. People are great but outside of some (not all) basic service providers, most speak French to foreigners and Arabic to each other. I think Tangier was my favorite city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back