'13 Mazda5 oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOGers,
I come due on my Mazda5 (3 drives forth-and-back over the Smokies) with 84k miles.
Cap says 5W20. Filter will be a MicroGreen MG 201

What say you should I use?

P.S.This will be a stealth change (condo), trough the tube with a vacuum pump.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Working hard over the mountains? 5w-30....it's what is recommended for the turbo versions.

The Mazda5 is a microvan with a 2.5L 4 cyl, not turbos

Originally Posted by pandus13
Cap says 5W20.
Owners Manual says 0w20... https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/pdf/owners-optimized/2013/mazda5/2013-mazda5-owners-manual.pdf ..& Mobil says 0w20 https://mobiloil.com/en/product-selector .. Its starting to get age on it, so I'd suggest Mobil1 AFE 0w30. A bit thicker hot.
Originally Posted by pandus13
Filter will be a MicroGreen MG 201
Nice to see you can still get those. SOMS is on the ROPES dude. Good filter, they don't seem to get holes in them like Purolators and the side filtering it does might work well.

I have put some 480K using M1 0-20 in my last 3 Ford Duratech engines. Outstanding results.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Originally Posted by JLTD
Working hard over the mountains? 5w-30....it's what is recommended for the turbo versions.

The Mazda5 is a microvan with a 2.5L 4 cyl, not turbos

You are correct, perhaps I wasn't clear.....the NA 2.5 in OP's vehicle is the same 2.5 that is turbocharged in other models....those other models say 5w-30, so OP's vehicle will be fine with that grade.

The fact that the filler cap says 5w-20 and the manual indicates 0w-20 says to me that CAFE is involved.

Originally Posted by tig1
I have put some 480K using M1 0-20 in my last 3 Ford Duratech engines. Outstanding results.

Which model did you own that hit 480K?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by tig1

Which model did you own that hit 480K?

Actually it's 484K which includes 175K on my 2007 Ford Focus which was totaled nearly 2 years ago.

Update: (kind of in the middle)
Car got 2.5 qt of 5W30 Valvoline synthetic blend max high mileage (Hooray, I just finished my 5 years old stash) and 1.75qt 5W20 Quaker State Synthetic.
The old oil took 30 minutes to pull with vacuum pump at 40-50F in garage. Later in the day 75 outside.....
So: next time when drinking coffee, warm up the car.

correction: the cap said 0W20 (as already pointed in the thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back