6 Best Selling Oils retested at PQIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-Confirms mobil 1 is the king of the cold cranking test. Also not sure I'd consider this a "best selling oil test" as it included M1 AP!
lol.gif

Quaker State volatility is outstanding! I'd use any of these oils but throwing in current price and the fact that i don't go past 5k miles...
1. Quaker State, 2. SuperTech, 3. Valvoline.

But if you're all about TBN, Castrol Edge looks stellar.

Price point and specs makes QSUD the clear winner. No problems with the others, but I know what's going in the Kia's crankcase next...

TBN...Calcium registers as part of the TBN, so with the new formulations with reduced Calcium, it only makes sense for the TBN to dip in virgin samples.

The days of high calcium and no magnesium oils appear gone. And even Valvoline has ditched the sodium to go to magnesium. If you want high Calcium and no magnesium (like Pennzoil and QS used to be), some of the 40 and 50 grades may still give it to you.

I've said it several times on this site that QSUD is the best bang for the buck in synthetic motor oil
And here's proof !!
A 5quart jug at ChinaMart is under $20 bucks everyday without a sale price or rebate.

All of these oils are great. There has never been a greater time when maintream/non-boutique oils perform so well.

*I think the higher TBN of the Castrol oil is a result of them using the opposite ratio of Mg/Ca as Mobil 1 is using. I just noticed that.

These are the "best selling" oils or the most recent ones they tested? Just curious because did not see the ranking.

Originally Posted by buster
All of these oils are great. There has never been a greater time when maintream/non-boutique oils perform so well.

*I think the higher TBN of the Castrol oil is a result of them using the opposite ratio of Mg/Ca as Mobil 1 is using. I just noticed that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great point/observation buster...

That caught my eye too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back