WIX WL 10332 cut open **NEW FILTER **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon gentlemen. Snagged some of these at local NAPA. Fits 2018/2019 Toyota Camry cars. Kinda small filter just like most Nissan filters LOL
wink.gif

Enjoy the pics

20190414_133237.jpg

20190414_133229.jpg

20190414_133424.jpg

20190414_133413.jpg

20190414_133456.jpg

20190414_133511.jpg

20190414_133519.jpg

20190414_133537.jpg

Originally Posted by Old Mustang Guy
On the 18 they went back to regular filters from cartridges on the 4 cyl. The sixes still use cartridges. I would be curious as to why.

Good question

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Old Mustang Guy
On the 18 they went back to regular filters from cartridges on the 4 cyl. The sixes still use cartridges. I would be curious as to why.

Good question

From what me and The Critic think, Toyota speced two filters for the new A25A-FKS engine on the Camry, the "old" 90915-YZZF1(or F2) filter is speced if the car is using 0W-20, and there's a new filter that's a Chinese-made one that's used if the car is running the recommended 0W-16 oil. Most of the aftermarket is specifying a PH4386/4967 filter for the new engine with both oils.

Could Toyota know something we don't like different bypass specs?

Adam, any way you can cut apart that BPV? I see the mesh screen, and the spring inside, but don't see how it would actually block flow during normal operation?

Nice work on C&P, thanks for the donation!

WIX by Mann+Hummel. Now WIX is brother to Purolator.

I don't see any "screen" in the bypass valve. Looks to be a typical kind of spring loaded bypass valve in the dome end.

Thanks for the C&P Stude.

Zee, maybe I am seeing what I want on this; it may be a disc. But I have the 1365 which is a trans filter, which does have a screen instead of a bypass. I was trying to understand why there would be a mesh if there was a spring... if it's solid, that answers the question!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Zee, maybe I am seeing what I want on this; it may be a disc. But I have the 1365 which is a trans filter, which does have a screen instead of a bypass. I was trying to understand why there would be a mesh if there was a spring... if it's solid, that answers the question!
lol.gif

Now what good would a bypass valve be if it was not solid but made of screen?
wink.gif
21.gif

That's my point... the filter I am talking about has the screen, which is how the Subaru trans filter is designed to ensure the tranny gets sufficient flow at all times, minus serious chunks of course. I didn't pull up the Wix cross reference to see if this is a lube or trans filter, so I had to ask!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Adam, any way you can cut apart that BPV? I see the mesh screen, and the spring inside, but don't see how it would actually block flow during normal operation?

Nice work on C&P, thanks for the donation!

Lol silly wabbit!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back