Meguiar's 3 - In -1 Wax

I've used it on my Ram and Wife's Explorer. Goes on easy comes off easy. It's not super aggressive so it only removed some swirl marks and light scratches but boy did it polish enough for deep deep wet paint. The wax protection seems to be holding up well after a few weeks. The simplicity of the 3-1 saves a lot of steps. I'd say it's no compound but the results are pretty impressive for what it is. I'll compound next tine first.

Originally Posted by Brett776
I've used it on my Ram and Wife's Explorer. Goes on easy comes off easy. It's not super aggressive so it only removed some swirl marks and light scratches but boy did it polish enough for deep deep wet paint. The wax protection seems to be holding up well after a few weeks. The simplicity of the 3-1 saves a lot of steps. I'd say it's no compound but the results are pretty impressive for what it is. I'll compound next tine first.

I have always been a big fan of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. In fact, I have a container of the paste wax. I was thinking the 3-IN-1 was similar to the cleaner wax, just less aggressive. Correct?

Yes, I use all Meguiars and occasionally F11 on wheels. It's very similar to cleaner wax probably more aggressive as it has polishing properties. While still mild I think it's an improvement on cleaner wax.

I use it. It's a mild cleaner wax.

It's not as good as NXT2 and does not last as long. However, it's easy to use and cleans up the paint a little. I have other products that are much more aggressive cleaners. But they are awful waxes.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I use it. It's a mild cleaner wax.

It's not as good as NXT2 and does not last as long. However, it's easy to use and cleans up the paint a little. I have other products that are much more aggressive cleaners. But they are awful waxes.

Hey Cujet, you and I joined BITOG at the same time.
smile.gif

NXT. Wow, I haven't thought of that wax name in awhile. I never tried the NXT2, but have used the original NXT a lot. IMO, that was some great wax!

I would consider it similar to the maroon bottled Meguiar's Cleaner Wax but a step up. For example, I think the wax in the Meguiar's 3 in 1 will last longer. You really can't go wrong with any Meguiar's product.

I would like to know where it falls in line with these three. Either way I'll be trying it out with a Hex Logic heavy polishing pad.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That 3-1 lasts for a solid two weeks. Hopefully you never drive the car outside your garage in that time.

Originally Posted by slomo
That 3-1 lasts for a solid two weeks. Hopefully you never drive the car outside your garage in that time.

Surely you're exaggerating. Even Meguiar's entry level products last a month or two.

I'm a big fan of meguiars products but as far as cleaner waxes go you just can't beat griots garage all in one sealant. Easy on easy off, even in direct sun... plus looks amazing even with just a basic $20 dual orbit buffer.

Pic in direct sun after a coat of GG all in one on the cheapy buffer. This truck is a Michigan daily driver which sees many washes using a cheap wash brush.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SavagePatch

Surely you're exaggerating. Even Meguiar's entry level products last a month or two.

He's a troll, nothing more.

Originally Posted by buck91
I'm a big fan of meguiars products but as far as cleaner waxes go you just can't beat griots garage all in one sealant. Easy on easy off, even in direct sun... plus looks amazing even with just a basic $20 dual orbit buffer.

Pic in direct sun after a coat of GG all in one on the cheapy buffer. This truck is a Michigan daily driver which sees many washes using a cheap wash brush.

[Linked Image]

I definitely second the Griot's One-Step Sealant.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Those vehicles done with the Griots One Step look great. Griots is a excellent brand.

Griot's really is an excellent brand, and One-Step is a standout in their lineup.

I finished off the bottle two months ago on my MIL's 430GC and I'm going to try Meguiar's 3-in-1 next. We'll see if it is a comparable product.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by SavagePatch

He's a troll, nothing more.

Originally Posted by buck91

[Linked Image]

I definitely second the Griot's One-Step Sealant.

Man, I just love a nice, clean black exterior on ANY vehicle. The paint looks wet.
Very nice, RVW.
thumbsup2.gif

Meguiars recommended the 3 in 1 wax when I told them about etch marks on my Corolla's bumper. It is an interesting product. White and very thick consistency - almost like liquified clay! It did the trick but unfortunately after the next snow storm the spots were back so I'm in search of a tougher coating. But for cleaning defects, it seemed to work very well and I liked it a lot better than the old burgundy bottle cleaner wax that used to be popular.

Back