What's in your grease gun???

O'Reilly Master Pro EP Moly grease for chassis lubrication. Valvoline red in my bearing packer.

I just picked up some Dana Spicer grease for my Toyota drivelines. It's a calcium sulfonate formula and they advertise, you don't need a moly additive for the slip yokes.

This will be.

20190517_211336.jpg

My big gun has the Mystic hi-temp (red) that Rural King sells. My little one has the blue Mystic marine wheel bearing grease. It just gets used for my boat trailers. Everything else gets the red.

Strange they don't sell Mystik marine grease here … some of us were using the JT6 green … but my new bearings/hubs came with Red N Tacky … and now that hub supplier changed to Lucas marine grease …

I had so much JT6 green that it's now the general purpose for boat motor, trailers, lawn mower, etc …
It's very stable (no runs, drips) and water resistant …

Thanks … will check … they have their NMMA oil …

Ok folks listen up: no c in Mystik … no e in Mobil. …
wink.gif

Last edited:
Presently it is Lucas Red and Tacky #2. The only thing it gets used on is the John Deere D140 lawn tractor, which isn't a demanding application. I might try a tube of marine grease next time, but that could be 2-3 years out at the present rate of use.

[censored], I started this thread in July of 2011 and it's still going and going and going.......

I still like the Mystik grease. I see that I am not alone.

Please, carry on.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
This. Motomaster synthetic grease. I grease my 3/4 ton Chev with it.

I use the same stuff. Great grease. I just repack the bearings in my boat trailer with it.

Originally Posted by kballowe
[censored], I started this thread in July of 2011 and it's still going and going and going.......

I still like the Mystik grease. I see that I am not alone.

Please, carry on.

cheers3.gif

O'Reilly's house brand MasterPro is made by Citgo Petroleum, and Citgo makes Mystik too. Not sure about any quality differences between the two.

Home I use Traveller Marine and Off Road as it comes in 3oz tubes. I don't need a big gun as all I need to really grease is my u-joints in the truck and my snowblower.

At work we use Mobil SHC 220, and we go through plenty as it's a big industrial setting. And in normal fashion now that summer is here it leaks out of the gun like mad. After the weekend I find it puddled all over the bottom of my bike
lol.gif

Back