2001 Suburban 1500 Diff Fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 '01 burbans 1500's myself both have G80 posi !!

Have used Supertech 75W-90 Full Synthetic it runs $5.86 a qt And honestly, I would use NOTHING but Full synthetic in those rear ends !!

Dave

Towing or not? High miles or low miles? Limited slip or not?

I bought a case of Mobil 1 LS something or another for my truck; it didn't need the LS additive but the oil has it. I did some reading and it seemed second best, second to Amsoil. Since then I've become of the mindset that it doesn't matter that much and apart from heavy sustained towing that I'll never "need" a great diff lube.

So my vote is SuperTech or whatever is low cost and meets spec. Pretty sure many of these diffs went high miles without ever having the lube changed.

I like Delo syn 75w90 as its $7 qt at AZ. But you would be fine using super tech Dino 80w90 if u want to save money

Originally Posted by barkingspider
I like Delo syn 75w90 as its $7 qt at AZ. But you would be fine using super tech Dino 80w90 if u want to save money

Wha ?? Delo syn ?? Looks to be regional locations only ??. Never seen that stuff ever in my area AZ's. Shame I can't get it around here, That's a GOOD price for top brand full syn diff fluid !!

https://www.autozone.com/greases-an...tic-gear-oil-sae-75w-90-32-oz/443149_0_0

Also Full synthetic gear oil is recommend in those rear ends with most having the the posi unit and some folks hauling heavy loads

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back