Learning Paintless Dent Removal on your own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wanted to learn some paintless dent removal skills. Don't want to do it professionally but just want to do it on my own vehicles

I have seen classes offered and such but it pretty pricy . So can it be learned by just doing? Or is a class pretty must necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some good Youtube videos on how to do it.

I've been a fabricator for years, so I work with metal on a regular basis. I've tried my hand at paintless ding removal, and while I'm just a rank amateur, the results were pretty good.

The first time I used paintless dent removal was an original paint, low mileage 1969 GTX back in 1996. Imagine my surprise (and pain) when I found they had drilled multiple 1/2" holes in door jambs and other body panels to utliize this "painless" technique. It wasn't painless for me.

Last edited:
I tried learning myself. Bought the tools plus the DVD at pdrtool.com and gave it a shot.. but it's tough. Anyone can push out dents or pull them with a glue puller, but learning how to read light and tap down high spots is infuriatingly difficult.

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Go to a junkyard and buy a hail damaged hood or decklid for cheap to practice on.

Yup. Go to a junkyard and have some fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back