Keto coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today while getting some things since I'm on the keto diet. Dont know much about it and kinda pricey. I'll stick with my Peets Coffee
wink.gif

20190413_093841.jpg

20190413_093838.jpg

You can buy coffee and butter separately for less.

Keto or Bulletproof coffee is just coffee with butter, not cream.

Or you could just drink it black.

If I add cream, I go for heavy cream to get more fat, but perhaps a bit less sugar per unit volume.

Originally Posted by javacontour

If I add cream, I go for heavy cream to get more fat, but perhaps a bit less sugar per unit volume.

Ghee is used in bulletproof coffee clarified butter

There are a lot of people who only want to lose weight, who are buying up these BP brand items and following the butter coffee diet method, without realizing that you can be in ketosis without gulping down your calories in drink form.

It's actually quite sickening to see how commercialized keto has become, when the entire basis of the diet is a biological mechanism that ANYONE can get into simply by cutting back on carbs. It's like people are "doing" keto by thinking "keto" is a trade name..

Once you get yourself into ketosis, you still have to watch your calories because weight loss is still a in vs. out formula. What IS nice about ketosis is that the lack of sugar intake really makes you control your appetite. You just don't get many cravings when your insulin response is retrained.

Don't buy the hype with all the Keto products, it's all marketing. I have lost almost 180lbs now and did it all eating non "keto" products.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Black coffee add source of fats and it's keto
laugh.gif

I drink one cup a day and add heavy cream.

Everything I eat, I weigh and use app such as MyFitnessPal to ensure I'm not eating too many calories and staying under ~30net carbs.

I've seen it described both ways. I just use no salt added butter and call it a day if I'm not using heavy cream in my coffee.

Originally Posted by dave123
Originally Posted by javacontour

Ghee is used in bulletproof coffee clarified butter

Bought a stick blender and some MCT and butter on the way to work today.

Tested some bulletproof coffee on myself and some co-workers.

All described less brain fog, less caffeine consumption for the rest of the morning and no 11AM slump and chocolate hunt before lunch (12:00).

It certainly does SOMETHING...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back