Is Franklin BBQ in Austin, TX worth the 4 hour wait ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Franklin has many videos on how he cooks his bbq. hes a simple rub kind fo guy, salt and pepper is it on his brisket. there is ho magic so i cant believe his bbq is worth waiting 4 hours for.

I saw him on one of the bbq pitmaster shows on destination america chanel and he didnt even place. not saying hes not a good cook but nothing magical about his food for sure. just a fad and hype, the more they say it worth 4 hours the more people are willng to wait 4 hours. put a good plate of food in front of hungry people and they will rave about it. gine them that sane food from a drivethrough and its....eeehhh. good but not special. the 4 hours made it special.

I'm hungry every 4 hours … so I could never leave …
wink.gif

Have not been there and can hardly wait anywhere …
I try to show up when a place opens for lunch so I don't wait …

Last edited:
I can't speak to Franklin BBQ but Pecan Lodge in Dallas also usually has a line, but I've never waited more than 30 minutes, which is reasonable. Pecan Lodge was absolutely worth the wait for me, by far the best pulled pork I've ever had, also had ribs, brisket, and sausage links. I appreciate BBQ that is well seasoned and well smoked such that no sauce is needed, I didn't put a drop of sauce on any of the meat from Pecan Lodge. I'd go back, and I intend to the next time I'm in town.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Aaron Franklin has many videos on how he cooks his bbq. hes a simple rub kind fo guy, salt and pepper is it on his brisket. there is ho magic so i cant believe his bbq is worth waiting 4 hours for.

I saw him on one of the bbq pitmaster shows on destination america chanel and he didnt even place. not saying hes not a good cook but nothing magical about his food for sure. just a fad and hype, the more they say it worth 4 hours the more people are willng to wait 4 hours. put a good plate of food in front of hungry people and they will rave about it. gine them that sane food from a drivethrough and its....eeehhh. good but not special. the 4 hours made it special.

Just like the dancing and talking Elmo doll. TV morning shows say it's the hottest Christmas toy and now all parents lining up to buy Elmo.

I'll probably have to bite my tongue and wait in line so she can have this BBQ. We are there for 8 days so I'm sure there's other good places to go eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back