Notre Dame on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this as I think news like this is important, given the historical significance of the structure. Tragic day in Paris...
cry.gif

Originally Posted by E150GT
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Curious how did it start?

They say it has to do with construction at this point.

I really hope this is the case. There have been numerous reports of churches being burned around France the past few weeks and they were all arson.

On second thought, I don't want to speculate on the cause.

What a tremendous and historical loss of this iconic Cathedral.

Last edited:
This is a tragedy. One of the world's great cultural artifacts. My wife and I were there last fall. It looks to be a very serious fire. There will be lots of damage...

So sad...

huge loss for the world.

It will burning for a while unfortunately. We (vol. firefighter) had a 500 unit apt building that was under construction go up due to roof work. Hot tar, torches, etc can lead to ignition. The heavy timber that the church is built with has a much higher density than modern wood found at Home Depot. It can take longer to ignite but once ignited, it will burned for much longer.

Sad day

We were just there 3 weeks ago. Took our granddaughter for her high school graduation (during spring break).

Tragic.

I am just stunned...which is why I posted this.

850 years of history.

I am thankful that when I was in Paris for three months back in 1998, that my wife and I got to see it..

If the walls hold...we will rebuild it! This piece of magnificence cannot be allowed to be extinguished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back