2019 Kia Cadeza, Manual offers 5 different velocity oil? what to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just bought a brand new Kia Cadenza and I've checked the manual and I found that there are 5 different oils that can be used. The dealer in my country only use one oil 20W-50 which is really heavy oil and I don't like using it. I also live in a really hot environment that reaches 55C. I really don't care about the price of the oil I need the best oil for the engine. I took a picture for the manual velocity chart and you can see that all of them are suitable for 50c temp but even though I want the best.

Check the attachments

Thanks

IMG-2710.JPG

Originally Posted by Danno
I would use 5W-40 Mobil 1.

Yes, I was thinking of using either 5W-40 or 15W-40. I think they could be the best for hot weather.

Originally Posted by Chris142
10w30 is my favorite.

What are the temps in CA Valley? does it reach 55 degrees? I want to use 5W-30 but because my country is really really hot this is why I'm thinking of using 5W-40 or 15W-40

Originally Posted by John344
10w30 is my favorite.

What are the temps in CA Valley? does it reach 55 degrees? I want to use 5W-30 but because my country is really really hot this is why I'm thinking of using 5W-40 or 15W-40

I'm very close to death Valley,California. Where I live we see temps up to about 110F. I have seen 124F in the valley.

10w30 is my favorite.

I'm very close to death Valley,California. Where I live we see temps up to about 110F. I have seen 124F in the valley.

Oh, so you live in a similar environment as me. What I heard is that the Koreans cars need light oil so it can pump better and people who used the 20W-50 said to not use it at all because it's really heavy and will cause issues in the long term. I really want the best this is why I'm thinking of buying either 5W-40 or 5W-30.

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
I would go with 15w-40 and not look back. 5w-40 if you have temps below 0C/32F.

I'm really thinking of getting either 5W-40 or 5W-30, I heard a lot of nightmares for people who used heavy oil in Korean cars like Kia. This is why I'm confused and don't want to use heavy oil. but the manual is actually making it harder not easier by adding 5 types of different oils.
smile.gif

Thanks for your answer.

If your really worried about it go with the 5w40. Every summer people go to or through death valley running 0w20 and 5w 20 with no issues.

Yes, My Grand Cherokee 2018 use 0W-20 and it's under warranty and they told me this is the only oil we use. I'm a bit worried about using such a thin oil in a sunny deserty place but it's under warranty so I will keep doing the service with them.

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by Danno
I would use 5W-40 Mobil 1.

I agree.

I have only found that in Formula M (MB juice) ... Delvac 1 has a 5w40 but you best catch a deal on that ...

If your really worried about it go with the 5w40. Every summer people go to or through death valley running 0w20 and 5w 20 with no issues.

Yes, My Grand Cherokee 2018 use 0W-20 and it's under warranty and they told me this is the only oil we use. I'm a bit worried about using such a thin oil in a sunny deserty place but it's under warranty so I will keep doing the service with them.

If you do not want to go too thick, go with 0/5W30 that meets ACEA A3/B3 B4 requirements and has approvals like BMW LL01, VW 502.00, MB 229.5. Those are thickest W30 oils you will find and more sophisticated than ILSAC GF-5 oils that Korean cars usually use. They are very, very close to W40 oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw

If you do not want to go too thick, go with 0/5W30 that meets ACEA A3/B3 B4 requirements and has approvals like BMW LL01, VW 502.00, MB 229.5. Those are thickest W30 oils you will find and more sophisticated than ILSAC GF-5 oils that Korean cars usually use. They are very, very close to W40 oils.

I want the one that can handle heat better in my hot country this is why I'm thinking of using the 5W-40 instead of 5W-30

Originally Posted by edyvw

I want the one that can handle heat better in my hot country this is why I'm thinking of using the 5W-40 instead of 5W-30

0/5W30 ACEA A3/B3 B4 are perfectly fine in any country, including countries in the Middle East etc. The US has some of the highest temperatures in the world, but people are running 0W20 oils in places like Las Vegas or Phoenix.
Also, by buying 5W40 oil you might get oil that is thicker some 7-10% than ACEA A3 5W30 oils. Also, take into consideration that thinner oils cool off better.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
What does the foot note below the chart next to SAE 5W-20 say?.

Can you get Mobil 0-40?

It says for better fuel economy use 5W-20

0/5W30 ACEA A3/B3 B4 are perfectly fine in any country, including countries in the Middle East etc. The US has some of the highest temperatures in the world, but people are running 0W20 oils in places like Las Vegas or Phoenix.
Also, by buying 5W40 oil you might get oil that is thicker some 7-10% than ACEA A3 5W30 oils. Also, take into consideration that thinner oils cool off better.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking of too. 5W-30 is widely used and it's available everywhere and easier to find than 5W-40. Do you think that the lubrication of 5W-30 equivalent to 5W-40?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back