VP Racing Line of Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you racers and oil gurus out there:

Have any of you heard of or used any of VP's line of lubricants? On a whim (and getting a bug up my behind to try something different again), I purchased a case of their 10w30 Synthetic racing blend, and currently it resides in the crankcase of my daughter's Kia Soul (2011 with 115K+). I love VP's fuels, and use them in my outdoor power equipment (yep...very overkill and pricey, but never said I wasn't nuts), and wanted to know if someone here had more first hand knowledge or experience with them.

If the 2011 Soul uses much oil at all, then the catalytic convertors can get sprayed with phosphorus, which is why many Racing oils are not recommended for the street. That, and the the low TBN is a problem for oil change intervals over about 3 months at a time.
I don't see a 10w-30 weight in their racing line as you said you got. Maybe they used to and you got old oil.(?) They do offer a street legal line separate from their high-zddp, low TBN racing oils.

vpoil.JPG

It was the High Performance line..sorry I was unclear on that point. Her car doesn't use oil, so that is why I am not concerned about the usage, also since the vehicle has over 100K, I would be responsible for putting on a new cat if it plugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back