2016 Buick Verano base CPO

I misspoke on that. Alldata under specifications says a dexos 1 gen 1syn blend. I talked to the parts guy a gill Chevy in Columbus and he told me all gm vehicles have been switched to dexos 1 gen2 which are full synthetic oils

Originally Posted by A1O
I misspoke on that. Alldata under specifications says a dexos 1 gen 1syn blend. I talked to the parts guy a gill Chevy in Columbus and he told me all gm vehicles have been switched to dexos 1 gen2 which are full synthetic oils

My local dealer went to full synthetic for their oil changes about a year ago. I continued to use them for OCs because they had a good special, oil and filter change plus tire rotation for $49.95, which my independent couldn't match.

Well 1200 miles in and everything is going good. Filled the car up 3 times and it seems to like Exxon gas the best. This is based on mileage per thankful. On exxon gas she gets 32 miles to the gallon while with shell or BP it's at 30. Car runs smooth and is very quiet on the freeway. If there is one thing I dont like is the tires. Continental pro contacts are good in the dry but not so hot in the rain of which we have had a lot of lately. Looking at replacements for on the fall.

Originally Posted by A1O
Yes it is the delta II platform the funny thing is that I drove a 2015 Cruze ltz and new Cruze and they were both louder and not as refined as the verano. The 2.4 ltr has plenty of power but coming from a v-8 vic it's a big change

The Verano has thicker glass and more sound insulation then the sister Cruze. There is really a difference between the to cars in feel and quietness.

Well the car has 32517 on her now. Have changed the oil three times on the car used Valvoline 5w30 full synthetic and Castrol edge 5w30 full synthetic both dexos 1 gen 2 oils. Doesn't burn oil and fuel mileage is at 30.7 miles to the gallon. Car gets either Exxon or Shell gas. It looks like I will get about 40,000 miles out of the stock continental pro contact tires and that's with rotations every oil change. This past oil change I went with 0w30 Mobil 1 AFE so we will see how it does. It has been a very reliable car and drives very well. It gets about a 120 miles put on it a day that I work.

I like the Verano, stupid that they stopped making them. While it is true it was based on the Cruze and build in the same plant - there were a few key enhancements the Verano got that the Cruze didn't get. The most obvious is thicker door glass and more sound insulation - they are more quiet. The second is the more powerful engine option that I have only seen a few of anyway. Third - the interior is a little more refined and has more luxury. Fourth - you have better chances of good dealer service from a Buick dealer than a Chevy dealer.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
I like the Verano, stupid that they stopped making them. While it is true it was based on the Cruze and build in the same plant - there were a few key enhancements the Verano got that the Cruze didn't get. The most obvious is thicker door glass and more sound insulation - they are more quiet. The second is the more powerful engine option that I have only seen a few of anyway. Third - the interior is a little more refined and has more luxury. Fourth - you have better chances of good dealer service from a Buick dealer than a Chevy dealer.

Why is it stupid to stop making an unpopular car that didn't sell well?

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by GMBoy

Why is it stupid to stop making an unpopular car that didn't sell well?

The reason it didn't sell well, and thus appeared to be unpopular, is that it wasn't marketed properly. That's been Buick's problem for more than a few years. Touting the LaCrosse's "full-sized car" status, and then sticking a giant being like Shaq O'Neal in one for a TV spot, was laughable. If they'd put Emma Stone or Reese Witherspoon in a LaCrosse, it would have gone better. (Heck, Reese drove an Enclave in Season One of Big Little Lies, which was a hit series. GM could have capitalized on that and won over a lot of soccer moms.)

Emphasize Verano's sporty qualities, solidity, and economical engine, and you'd have a better ad campaign. "That's not a Buick" and "I don't see a Buick," together with silly music, is not a good strategy for sales.

Car has 37657 on her now and had been flawless. Been averaging 31 miles to the gallon and the car is a pleasure to drive. Gets a 150 miles put on it a day and just runs great. Did put a set of Goodyear weatheready tires on it at 37000 the pro contacts just got to slick in the wet I had to do something. I would recommend this car to anyone

I rent a Cruze often … they are quieter than at least half the other small cars I rent
So with those Buick items added, I can see that.

Well have 50,000 on the verano now and the car has been flawless. All I have done this car is replace air filter, tires and 2 brake light bulbs that's it. The weathereadys are doing great but lost 1mile per gallon running them.They are a heavy tire but great in the rain. Been running Valvoline synthetic in it and had good results. Been able to go about 6500 miles before the the oil life monitor hits 30%. Overall it's been a great car. Fuel mileage is at 29.5 miles per gallon on Exxon regular gas.

Just crossed the 60k mark. The car has been a joy to own and drive. The car has had one lof and rotate since last post. Its due again already. this time going to use some napa full synthetic I got on sale. 2 cases at 3.29 a quart and carries the dexos1 gen 2 spec. Still getting 29 miles per gallon on exxon regular unleaded and the goodyear weatheready's are doing great. Still have 8/32 on them with 24k miles on them. I do rotate every oil change cause I have been able to go about 6.5k per oil change. Been using the gm oil filter for this car for two reason. One its cheap I get them at rural king here in town for 4 bucks a pop and two when I change the oil at 6.5 k they look perfect when I take it out. No wavy pleats or bad seals. Overall I would recommend this car to anyone.

thanks a10 for the ongoing updates! a cpo buick verano seems like a great deal for a commuter sedan. i looked long and hard at them but rear seat seemed just too cramped for my needs.

Back