Tire leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2016 I had a set of Michelins mounted on a new set of Honda alloy wheels. I've always had one tire that would leak 1-2 psi a week. Kind of annoying but not a huge issue to top off.

Well today I sprayed the wheel and tire down with soapy water to find the leak. Found a small leak on the rear bead. I broke the bead and found that there was a sticker on the tire right where it meets the wheel. The sticker was exactly where the leak was. So I removed the sticker, aired the tire back up and the leak was gone.

How dumb is it to put a sticker right there? That little sticker caused me a lot of grief. The tire shop should have removed it. Anyone else have a leak from this sticker?

It had a bar code on it. I'm assuming it's so the manufacturer can identify the tire. Maybe 1/4" by 1"?

Yup I've seen those bar code stickers. You would think that they wouldn't put it there but there must be a reason.

Yeah I thought it was weird a 3 year old wheel that has never seen salt or snow would have a bead sealing issue. Definitely a bizarre issue. I'm assuming the other 3 tires also have a sticker on them but they aren't leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back