Champion COS10575 & COS10590 - C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by thrace
Tried to buy champion oil filters but got this automatic response from RockAuto website:
"Part # COSXXXX cannot ship to California because we do not have documentation required by Proposition 65 from CHAMPION FILTER. Please choose a different brand.

I guess Champioon oil filters are not to be sold in California.

That's just because California sucks. And so who really cares lol

Originally Posted by webfors
I picked up my $1.30 Champion filters, so I decided to cut a couple open. Hybrid media, good filtering efficiency, silicon ADBV, nice basic construction, and good strong media with strong bonding. Each filter had 56 pleats.

https://fme-cat.com/livedocs/Oil Filter Sell Sheet_052317.pdf

Differences between the two; I noticed the 10575 was heavier than the 10590, which was strange considering the 10590 being a larger filter. After looking at the cut open parts, it was the baseplate. The 10575 base plate was much heavier.

COS10575: has a traditional coil spring, which directly connected to the bypass valve. The media appeared to have a slight advantage with respect to how deep the media went before hitting the centre cage.

COS10590: has a leaf spring, with a bypass valve with internal spring/design. The media was more evenly spaced vs the 10575. There was some corrosion in the bottom of the can.

They both appeared to have about the same pressure relief when I tested them with the trusty pen
grin.gif

I feel ok using these in the Cadillac for the ~5k they will see. I know I said I was done with paper filters, but I'm really starting to not care as much about this stuff as I used to. Must be the age. These are definitely an upgrade from the OEM PF64.

Enjoy the pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/io7eyrnf9zfvv76/AADWfXLholqT7xZkh7pCpMA7a?dl=0

I'll cut and paste them as they are used over the next couple of years.

I think those are similar to M1 filters and are synthetic blend. I'm with you though in that I think paper media can do just fine for 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back