Mann Filters Source/Dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old, early BMW E23 that is in need of a power steering filter and I was wondering if anyone knows how to order filters that are shown to be "on request?"

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/NA/eng/catalog/MANN-FILTER%20Katalog%20Nordamerika/Hydraulic%20steering/H%2067~1

This is the filter: an H67/1 metal cartridge style filter

Without listing your exact model year, BMW sells their power steering filter for the old 7 series (i checked a 1987 model) for about $15.

Not sure who the OEM supplier is.

P/N 32 41 1 128 167 or 32 41 1 128 919.

Your power steering filter is a weird, coral/sponge looking cartridge that sits in the bottom of the reservoir.

I bought the one for my E23 from AutohausAZ. FCP Euro Should have it as well.

Mine is an early E23 and the filters are different than the later ones. There's a metal cartridge filter and then the sinter filter at the very bottom of the reservoir. Each filter is a different size than the later ones. I'm having trouble finding stuff for the early style.

Last edited:
Have you tried a BMW dealer yet?

32411123323 is the part number you are looking for, I believe. Sometimes with these more obscure parts, the dealer has to order out of Germany instead of US supply.

I think you may have better luck going through dealer than trying to find a Mann vendor to special order the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back