My Father's Folly

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last Jeep I bought had the transmission crossmember fall out of it on the previous owner due to the frame rotting out. His solution was to drill through the top of the frame and the floor ... and the seat brackets and run 4 pieces of all thread from the crossmember through the seat bracket.

Worked great until I decided to take out the seats to try to fix the floors. Quite a surprise for me!

Originally Posted by Miller88
The last Jeep I bought had the transmission crossmember fall out of it on the previous owner due to the frame rotting out. His solution was to drill through the top of the frame and the floor ... and the seat brackets and run 4 pieces of all thread from the crossmember through the seat bracket.

Worked great until I decided to take out the seats to try to fix the floors. Quite a surprise for me!

Dont give him any ideas!

It's done, not safe to drive anymore.

But definitely don't junk it. Someone would want the engine, transmission, transfer case, axles etc. also some interior trim pieces.

I'm sorry, but your dad obviously isn't concerned about your sisters safety if he is going to put this deathtrap back on the road for her.

Yes, he made a mistake buying it, but own up to the mistake and move on. That's what a father that cares would do.

That nice kid from Michigan wasn't so nice , I'd call him a [censored] , myself I wouldn't even be able to sleep at night knowing I did not disclose all that crap to a buyer

Originally Posted by Kjmack
That nice kid from Michigan wasn't so nice , I'd call him a [censored] , myself I wouldn't even be able to sleep at night knowing I did not disclose all that crap to a buyer

I agree. But the OP also suggested that his father might have used the stolen road sign to make the hack repair.

Either way it's a pile, with some parts that could be salvaged.

Right when you had faith in your fellow man , you can't make a story like this up , nobody would believe it . LOL

Originally Posted by Kjmack

I wasnt there at the time of sale so I dont know WHAT was disclosed or not, so I make no judgments.

Oh also, She's getting a 2010 Liberty to replace this. Just found out they are working out a deal on it right now.

Had a 12 year old pickup, parked most of it's life down the road from the saltwater. Yes, it was very rusty ( a brand that is known for rusting). And yes, the driveshaft split in two as I was cruising to a stop sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back