Amsoil Saber 100:1 2 stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have experience, good, bad or just ok, in using this Saber oil with this mix ratio in their ope that specs 50:1 with other 2 stroke oils? Normally I run a synthetic blend 2 stroke oil at 50:1. What makes this oil different that it can be mixed at 100:1 and work in ope's that require 50:1? I'm just curious, thanks.

Whimsey

I have used Saber for a couple years, but I mix it at 50:1.
Works great, very little smoke and spark plugs and spark arrestors stay clean.

VP 2 cycle oil from Walmart is my go to now. High Detergent, Fuel Stabilizer and JASO FD. $2.78 for 2.6oz best bang for the buck i think.

I have used about everything although I have not used VP2. I have 2 stroke oil sitting on my shelf for years because after trying Saber I would not use the other. No smoke and no smell and it keeps the exhaust cleaner than anything else I have ever used. Since switching to Amsoil I have not cleaned the exhaust on anything I own. Find a local Amsoil dealer and buy a quart. You will like it. My last quart was $15 or less and a quart will last a few years. Cost about $1 per gallon of mix.

I have mixed at 80/1 and now 50/1. It is clean either way.
I do not work for nor am I affiliated with Amsoil in any way.
The only Amsoil product I use is Saber.

Been using Saber for years. Use it in my 2 stroke trimmer at 50:1 even though the trimmer calls for 40:1 Never a problem. Burns clean, no residue anywhere and the spark plug stays clean as well.

Man IDK about that 100-1 ratio with modern 2T oil. I've read accounts from both sides and I know that older stuff needs more oil. I've seen research that shows that ring seal is improved as more oil is added down to really low ratios like 15-20 to 1 IIRC.

I probably have around 20 pieces of handheld 2 stroke equipment that have only had Saber mixed at 100:1 in them. Line trimmers, backpack blowers and hedge trimmers for the most part along with a couple chain saws that get used commercially on a daily basis. Stihl, Echo & Shindiawa equipment.

I use it at 100:1 in my 2-stroke leaf blower. No issues. I started out at 50:1 and then leaned it out and saw no difference at 100:1 Been like that for 5 years now.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Man IDK about that 100-1 ratio with modern 2T oil. I've read accounts from both sides and I know that older stuff needs more oil. I've seen research that shows that ring seal is improved as more oil is added down to really low ratios like 15-20 to 1 IIRC.

Old VS new stuFF is also bushing bearings VS needle bearings....thats why old stuFF needs slightly more oil.....

I used Amsoil Saber at 50 to 1 in a consumer grade weedwhacker. I think it was made by McCullough. 15 years and the only maintenance was cleaning the air filter and greasing the flex cable. It was running great when I traded it for a more powerful model. I also use the 50 to 1 mix in a little Harbor Freight generator I take camping. Never changed the plug in 5 years.

Thanks everybody for your feedback. It's good to hear of actual usage of the Saber at 100:1 successfully in normally 50:1 spec'd ope's.

Whimsey

80:1 or 100:1 should be fine in newer/modern 2 stroke equipment. But for vintage Lawn Boys, like my 1973 and 1975, I have an email straight from Amsoil stating that they recommend not going above 50:1 in those engines.

L8R,
Matt

I mix Saber at 80:1 for my Stihl 4-mix blower and trimmer... without issue. I haven't run much Saber mixed that high thru my ECHO saws. Though I would be more comfortable running it longer term in the smaller limbing saw.

First off I'm not an amsoil guy at all, actually the opposite. My best friend owns a tree service and lawn are servic,,uses nothing but stihl...probably 20 different saws and handhelds running 10 hr days all summer long. He mixes at 75/1 and never an issue. I use it in my husky trimmer and bg55 blower at the same rate and no problems. I figure if my buddy can run it in extreme commercial applications I'm fine. I wouldn't run 100:1 although I'm sure you can. My friend also noted that before he settled on 75:1 he tried 50:1 and it ran to rich.

I use Amsoil 2 stroke in all my 2 cycle equipment. I have used it for 20+ years. 100 or 50 to 1. I don't have problems with the exhaust screens or fouled plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back