Amazon (used) Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever buy used parts off Amazon? From the description it appears that the packing maybe torn up a bit but the part isn't actually used. Is that right?

I'm assuming you're referring to the "Amazon Warehouse Deals". If this is the case, then yes, I have. The rear brake rotors on my Fusion were both purchased through Amazon Warehouse Deals, one on each of two occasions. Got a great deal on each, and they were new as far as I could tell, just repackaged in plain brown boxes. One of the sets of pads was also through AWD. No issues with any of them.

Bought them several times for great deals and perfect parts - e.g. "Warehouse Deals" as mentioned.

Click on where it says "used and new (22)"
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-FW382-Original-Equipment-Assembly/dp/B005OVABNG/ref=sr_1_10?crid=28MKQM1O70S0N&keywords=acdelco+bearing&qid=1555106514&s=gateway&sprefix=ac+delcp+bearing%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-10

Purchased KYB struts from Amazon warehouse and I'm very happy. 60% of the price and all of the performance.
Slightly damaged package but the product was A-1.

I bought a receiver hitch for my truck that was listed as used good condition. Packaging was a bit damaged, but nothing wrong with the hitch itself. It was brand new, not used at all.

Just bought some brake rotors for my truck and a transmission cooler line for my Yukon through Amazon Warehouse deals. Items were in like new condition with damaged packaging - very happy with the items. Be sure to look for the described condition of the item, I've seen items listed from Like New to Good condition - I suspect some products may have slight blemishes but if that doesn't bother you, you can likely get an even better deal.

I've bought many, MANY times for all four vehicles. I've got some great deals at the warehouse.

Just installed AC Delco Professional e-coated front rotors on the son's Vue for $10.xx each shipped free (with Prime).

If you are a Prime member, it's a no brainer.

Only once did they screw up. Sent a Mitsubishi rotor for the daughter's Hyundai. They refunded my money and told me to keep it.

Last edited:
It's worked out a few times, but a little tougher lately-bought a few RP filters for my '02 (Cummins) Ram in the old days, one was dented, so they sent me another & told me to keep it. But, the last time I bought anything, it was an (allegedly) like new Icon wiper blade that had the cover snapped off & returned, had to get a call tag & take it to UPS to get my money refunded. Then went on eBay & got one for $4 less that was perfect, no tax nor shipping, go figure.

I have bought many parts "used" from Amazon Warehouse sales; mostly good deals but occasionally really bad like the ACDelco Corvette PS pump I bought that turned out to actually be a Moog Cadillac ball joint. I ended up getting it again after I returned it and explained to Amazon that it had NOTHING in common with an ACDelco PS pump. Belts and pulleys and brake parts are usually a good buy but always check to confirm its actually the part that you need.

One thing I've found is, before you buy AWS, sort reviews by most recent. Look for the 1-star review. That's usually who returned it.

It used to be a lot better. They've caught on. Or, the pro bottom feeders are buying them. Don't know which.

You know how Amazon sellers have a feedback rating? Amazon Warehouse's feedback rating got so bad they turned it off.

Some items are accurately defined. Other items arrive and you wonder if the Warehouse person who inspected it is blind.

I know plenty of people who ordered an item and got something different. A $300 item but get shipped a $10 item. I think it's rare that Amazon doesn't make it right, though. But then you have to be careful if you receive too many wrong, broken, etc, items that if you complain about them all maybe you'll wind up being banned by Amazon due to having a high return rate.

Amazon will make it right if there's a problem. You have to ask yourself, do you have the time for a return, and the money to get another at the same time?

Also there is a special class of people who can't be bothered to return anything via USPS, UPS or FedEx (some are selective). If you're one of these people, I wouldn't try Amazon Warehouse.

Well I got my Wheel Bearing and it was definately used. Probably 2-3 years old used. What do I tell Amazon ?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Warstud
Well I got my Wheel Bearing and it was definately used. Probably 2-3 years old used. What do I tell Amazon ?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Easily done via their customer service chat. You can send pics and they should obviously see what the issue is.

That looks like it sat in a field for a few years before it went to you.

Was that "Used, like New"? BTW, don't forget to leave a 1-star review, preferably with those pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back