Dex6 in a WS Toyota trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Napa and get Eneos brand Model T-W fluid. Part # 3107300. If they don't have it in stock, they can get it from the warehouse. Should cost about $9 per quart. Eneos makes this oil specifically for WS applications. I just bought several quarts for my Sienna.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/AOR3107300
https://www.eneos.us/product/model-...lford,%20CT%2006437,%20USA&radius=50
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Oro_O
[quote=Besides that, MaxLife is WAY better than WS, which is a prettly weak fluid and well known to fail prematurely. Go with MaxLife, and go with peace. It is a poor DexIII or T-IV replacement, but an upgrade for WS.

How do you know this? Opinion or fact? Is this info some guy on the I-net posted, got spread around by 100000 ppl and now one complaint looks like a giant problem! LOL

Originally Posted by willbur
[quote=Besides that, MaxLife is WAY better than WS, which is a prettly weak fluid and well known to fail prematurely. Go with MaxLife, and go with peace. It is a poor DexIII or T-IV replacement, but an upgrade for WS.

How do you know this? Opinion or fact? Is this info some guy on the I-net posted, got spread around by 100000 ppl and now one complaint looks like a giant problem! LOL

Because lots of users, myself included, have posted bad experiences with it - and in my case in multiple vehicles. It's not one report - it's hundreds and those are just the reported forum ones, not the universe. Lots of them on this forum alone.

Originally Posted by willbur

Because lots of users, myself included, have posted bad experiences with it - and in my case in multiple vehicles. It's not one report - it's hundreds and those are just the reported forum ones, not the universe. Lots of them on this forum alone.

Hmmm...there a probably as many or more ppl that have great experience with ws than Maxlife but we only hear of the complaints. Human nature. Just saying...

Lots of users were propagating pennzoil 'wax' myth on internet for years. I have over 390k miles on one of my UJ100 with regular 100k WS fluid swaps and no problems to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back