Any Zaino users in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use it a long time ago, but I got tired of doing the two step application, so I moved on to other products. I loved the way it looked and lasted, but the application process was just to long for me. I'm curious to know what products they have now and if they look as good and last as long as the old products did.

A year or two ago I picked up one of those cheapie 6" buffers from Walmart to apply Zaino AIO and Duragloss products like the PBA or pre-bonding agent. It goes on very thin and even. Which makes removal a breeze. I use the buffer for removal also with the microfiber bonnet. Let the machine do the work and it's kind of fun. But prior to this I hated using these products pretty much. Doesn't answer your question but another option to consider.

No longer a 2 step process. There is ZFX additive drops. Check out their website. zainobros.com. Zaino is popular with many Corvette owners.

I still use it 16+ years.

I used Zaino Z1/Z2 some 16-18 years ago. Good results, but a lot of work, although now Zaino has other easier to apply products.

I recently tried Fusso Coat and IMO it works just as well and lasts a long time.

I use Zaino Clear Seal (Z-CS) on two daily drivers. Wipe on and walk away. Five to ten minutes per car and you're done. Not cheap, but a little goes a long way and it lasts. I usually do my cars three times per year.

Edited to correct typos.

Last edited:
I used Zaino for a very long time (first started around 1996 or 1997, and used it off and on from then until a couple of years ago) but my biggest disappointment with them is that it provided no protection from the elements, at least not in terms of bird bombs or acid rain. Both of those things would leave etchings in my finish when using Zaino (but I don't get that with Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish)

I actually will never go back to a typical sealant/wax ever again, where you need to apply it, wait for it to haze and then wipe off. I always hated the dusty mess from those products and how it would get stuck in all the cracks. A wipe on walk away product that is completely clear is the way to go, IMO.

I'm still using Zaino after about 15 years. It works for me and I haven't been able to force myself to try something different....even The Critic could not persuade me to change several years ago, LOL. IF I did attempt to try something else, I have interest in Jescar Power Lock, Collinite 845, and Finishcare 1000. No interest in the coatings like CQuartz . The Zaino is expensive, but with my regimen it turns out less than $20 per year.

Here's my story. Michigan is generally messy with lots of clouds, rain, snow, salt, you name it. Protection is more important to my daily driver vs. pristine looks. It sits outdoors 24/7 and I rarely wash it between my 6 month spring/fall detailing. I have never "corrected" my paint (except maybe some specific scratch repair). The less I touch the paint, the more I avoid swirls, etc. (much different scenario than those that do their cars several times/month). The Zaino is still sheeting/beading at the 6 month detailing period.

My bi-annual spring/fall detailing day takes a good 8 hours, exterior and interior:
- Wash the car very well with whatever local car wash product I have (Usually Mequires Gold wash).
- Clay the car, using water and car wash solution. My claying is quick and painless, not taking over 20 minutes to remove any embedded "nubs".
- Wash and rinse well again, blow off with leaf blower, dry with waffle weave towel.
- Apply Zaino AIO as a cleaner/prep step. I'm always surprised how much grime still comes off the paint after the initial washings. The door jambs see AIO only (no Z2). I think the AIO could be eliminated for frugality IF you get the paint squeaky clean some other way.
- Apply 2 coats of the Zaino Z-2 with the ZFX additive. Again, if you are frugal, you could skip the ZFX and save some bucks. I store the ZFX bottle in my fridge, lid sealed with electrical tape to make it last 4 years+.

That's about it until the next 6 month detailing. I also do the glass, interior, etc. during my bi-annual detail. I welcome comments, especially attempts to convince me to try some of the products I listed above. I do use off the shelf products at my workplace, including trying the Duragloss system (meh), NuFinish, Mequires Ultimate Wax, etc.(Even farm tractors appreciate an occasional clean up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back