NEW Red Line Professional-Series 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Line has a new diesel oil 5w40 choice for consumers. Previously they only had a 15w40. Just FYI.

Screenshot_20190410-204816.jpg

Screenshot_20190410-205200.jpg

since Phillips take over redline like amsoil is trying for more business with above average synthetics @ slightly lower pricing. i see NO Noack, like others not showing lesser specs especially when their top shelf oils are exceptionally good

It is only approved/certified for CK-4 and not SN so it is a dedicated diesel oil. Does that mean that it will have a good amount of ZDDP?

Originally Posted by kschachn
What exactly does "OEM-required Group III/Group IV PAO Base Stocks" mean?

Let me tell you what it means.
So Redline offered 5W40 Professional that has approval for BMW LL04. Of course, oil is of mediocre performance since it is probably repackaged Kendall. NOACK is 11%, and pretty much NOTHING is there that is better than any other C3 oil, actually it is not as good.
Anyway, they justified that by saying that, read this, BMW REQUIRES oils to be majority Group III to meet LL04. Now, Redline was always involved in shady marketing, but this was just plain, pure LIE! BMW does not have, of course, base oil requirements as there are numerous PAO based LL04 oils that are approved, but you know, Redline.

Where did you get the 11% NOACK? From assuming that this new Red Line is probably repackaged Kendall? Which version do you think it is? I want to look up the PDS for it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by edyvw

So Redline offered 5W40 Professional that has approval for BMW LL04. Of course, oil is of mediocre performance since it is probably repackaged Kendall. NOACK is 11%, and pretty much NOTHING is there that is better than any other C3 oil, actually it is not as good.
Anyway, they justified that by saying that, read this, BMW REQUIRES oils to be majority Group III to meet LL04. Now, Redline was always involved in shady marketing, but this was just plain, pure LIE! BMW does not have, of course, base oil requirements as there are numerous PAO based LL04 oils that are approved, but you know, Redline.

He doesn't know and is just spewing non-factual garbage. Redline is a top tier syn company and is 10 times better than his M1. I will bet you money this oil is nothing close to regular Kendall, Redline has too large a reputation to uphold unlike Mobil...

please explain how ANY oil is 10x better than another …

I like RL for specific driveline applications … but honestly they have not shown any miracles in motor oil UOA

Not an economic choice for me …

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Originally Posted by edyvw

He doesn't know and is just spewing non-factual garbage. Redline is a top tier syn company and is 10 times better than his M1. I will bet you money this oil is nothing close to regular Kendall, Redline has too large a reputation to uphold unlike Mobil...

Actually, I think he's right, the products appear to be identical:
Redline Professional Euro 5w-40 PDS
Kendall GT-1 Synthetic Euro 5w-40
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You were saying?
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Actually, I think he's right, the products appear to be identical:
Redline Professional Euro 5w-40 PDS
Kendall GT-1 Synthetic Euro 5w-40
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You were saying?
coffee2.gif

What you posted for the Red Line (RED LINE PROFESSIONAL-SERIES 5W40 MOTOR OIL EURO) doesn't appear to be the same oil that was posted earlier for diesel service (don't see CK, CI, or CJ ratings on the red Line Euro oil).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bismic1

What you posted for the red line isn't for the diesel oil (don't see CK, CI, or CJ ratings)

I'm aware of that.

The post that racin4ds quoted from edyvw was talking about a Euro offering, and he stated, boldly:
Originally Posted by racin4ds

Yet it took me a total of about 30 seconds to confirm that the Redline 5w-40 LL-01 lubricant is indeed the exact same as the Kendall GT-1 5w-40 LL-01 lubricant, which torpedoes that baseless statement. He was so confident that he even offered to "bet money" on it, which would have been more than mildly amusing to see the fallout from.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
I see a lot of "Recommended for" in that screen shot
21.gif

Sure enough … And in more ways than one … seems RL (post buyout?) will eventually offer a widespread product line more like Amsoil … regardless of which less related companies get drug into an oblique statement or two …

I don't like that Red Line is taking an existing oil from the parent company, putting it in Red Line bottles and increasing the price. But, as long as they don't cheapen their white bottle formulations, I can look past the black label debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back