Are You A Brand Loyalist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Category after category, I noticed Japanese technology was just superior. PlayStation 4 outsold Xbox 2:1 in the latest console gen. Market spoke. A lot of ppl got fed up with Microsoft's red ring of death. It knew there was a design flaw but sold units anyway for profits. Won the battle maybe, but all those ppl including me were not going to risk it next time around. Lost the war.

This is a piece on Japanese architecture technology. Their buildings last centuries with no nails.

https://youtu.be/7708E1bmoxc

For me, I think their culture makes them make products that are usually top notch. When they graduate college, they have hiring ceremony for the new employee. They don't bounce from company to company. It becomes a life long partnership.

Imagine that with American jobs after college.

So I'm more likely to buy Japanese if given a choice. Now that doesn't mean every time, esp if a non Japanese competitor comes up with something legit.

Americans love beef, but Kobe beef is something else. I just feel like Japanese always outdo the competition.

McDonald's is no 1 beef purchaser in the world. If only they found a way to get that Kobe beef in their stores.

Well we've owned mostly Ford's over the last 30 yrs and they have been very reliable and priced right. As for oil, mostly QS, primarily because of price/rebates. As for filters I was a Purolator fan boy for yrs until the tearing issue. Now it's mostly Fram Ultra or Wix. For specialty lubes - Amsoil. Fuel system cleaner - Chevron Techron.

Never been "brand loyal" as far as cars or oils. Used Quaker State a lot in the 90's, because the price was right and I knew the quality was good. As I got older, I learned that most oils are top notch for most vehicles, and just bought based on price. Being on this website only confirms that thought.

For cars, I've owned several brands. GM, Dodge, Nissan, VW, etc. Now own 2 Fords. I buy on need, comfort & price. With the exception of 2 cars, owned by both ex-wives, never had any major meltdowns on any of them.

I would have to say "it depends". I have owned Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen, and Mercedes cars--more GM than any of the rest (though you could not give me one these days).

I have used Lee, Purolator, Deutsch, FRAM, WIX, Baldwin, Motorcraft, A/C Delco, Mann, Mahle, Mercedes, and Hengst filters.

I have used Quaker State, Amalie, Havoline, Conoco, Motorcraft, Kendall, Castrol, Mobil, Gulf, Valvoline, Citgo, Chevron, Amsoil, Shell, and Pennzoil motor and gear oils.

Do I have preferred cars, filters, and oil? Yes, but not to the point of stating that I am brand loyalist.

I guess not. I've gone with Fords (3), Volvo (1), Oldsmobiles (2), Mercedes (3), and Buicks (2), and am now on BMW. However, the Mercedes, Oldsmobiles, and Buicks were each 2-3 in a row -- so maybe, for a brief time, I've been loyal to a particular brand of car.

Oil, no, not so much.

Ford to Ford to Ford to Pontiac to Mazda to Nissan to Mazda to Daihatsu to Mazda to Hyundai to Saturn to Chevy. I would say yes-ish, but more domestic loyal due to availability and price of replacement parts.

Only a few things I am loyalist on - most other stuff whatever is best value.

Cars: Volkswagen or Mercedes - BMW has never really been my cup of tea. Mazda is the only Japanese make I would consider, even then they just don't have the solid feel of the Germans.

Tires: Michelin only

Home appliances: Kitchen - General Electric or Whirlpool. Laundry - Frigidaire/Electrolux. I am not yet 100% convinced of the Korean (LG and Samsung) reliability across all their home appliances but the bargain price tags vs the competition is pretty appealing.

I generally buy GM stuff. I have had some Fords, VW, Honda, Nissan, Mopars.
I have stuck with the GM stuff because it has given me good service and it is was I am familiar with.

I've owned many makes, probably one of each. The brands I look at when searhing for a new car are in this order, Ford, VW, Chevy, the rest. I've definitely had the best luck with my VW's and Fords. To be honest, I like the way GM vehicles ride and look, their reliability always comes in last for me which is why I am always a tad hesitant when looking at them. They've always had 3-4 times the repairs as my Ford's and VW's.

I've always been partial to Fords, as I've always had excellent luck with them, but I like and will drive other makes too (see my sig..)

I prefer a particular platform, to the point I've always and only had some variation of it. In fact three of the five vehicles I have owned in my life were built at the same plant within months/weeks of each other. I don't know if that really translates to brand loyalty though. Not interested in a current Ranger or Explorer, haven't bought anything from a Ford dealer except some parts.

I generally lean towards BMW and Mini for my cars, and Wranglers for my SUVs. They suit my needs/wants better than most anything else I've owned or driven. That said, I could also see myself in a Cayman S, a Giulia Q4, or a GT350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back