Gumout Multi-tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone has used it for all the ways it can be used. Thinking about using it either when I run out of RL and convert to M1 0w30 or maybe as a "ProjectCity" to see if anything came out during oil flush. Considered doing the Seafoam style smoke show just for giggles AND to make sure no leaks on the Borla exhaust. May take old nylon brush and try throttle plate but I use CRC GDi cleaner spray so I doubt it will be helpful.

I think we are getting snow today/tonight! Really in mid-April in KS!!!!!!

A quick search for "gumout multi-tune msds" reveals that they do not list the % of PEA, instead it states that they "use a proprietary fuel additive" and MSDS also states *The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.. what ever cleaners are in their proprietary blend is 5% to10% by weight. gumout multi

Better just to run a tank of top tier fuel once in a while or use a bottle of Techron or Redline where they actually post the % of PEA by weight. Redline is 30% to50% by weight according to their MSDS. :

Gumout Regain is 10% to 30% by weight polyether amine or PEA by weight :Regainehttps://3enoro1q5ve12ubndv13jkpk-wp...t-Regane-High-Mileage-Fuel-System-Cleaner.pdf

Sorry I cannot get the MSDS links to load correctly, but anyway, just do a quick search for MSDS on Gumout multi tune. Maybe they use PEA or maybe they don't.. no way to tell since they use the "proprietary trade secret excuse. Gumout Regaine, Redline and Techron at least disclose the % of PEA on the MSDS and since that is the main cleaning agent, that is pretty important info to know if you plan on spending money on a fuel system cleaner. I am no expert but just comparing MSDS sheets reveals that
Gumout Regane is 10%-30%PEA by weight, Redline is 30-50% PEA by weight and Techron MSDS displays as 15% to 40% PeA by weight.

Here's my experience.

When I first bought my Ford Focus, it would not start up on the first try on a regular basis. Actually, it was the norm to have to start it after 2-3 tries. I changed the fuel filter and I sent my injectors off to be cleaned after seeing that the filter had never been changed. Tons of crud came out of the filter when I poured the fuel that was still in it out of the opposite end of the flow direction of the filter. The filter had never been changed from the looks of it.

After getting my injectors back and putting everything back together, I poured a bottle of Techron in my car in hopes that it would clear everything up and alleviate my hard starts. No change. Still had hard starts.

I think I might have poured a bottle of Seafoam in my tank a few weeks afterwards. No change. Then a few months later, I saw a Scotty Kilmer video on YouTube about Gumout Multi System cleaner. I figured I had nothing to lose and I poured a whole bottle in the tank. Lo and behold, it worked. My car has been starting up the first time every time since.

After that I was sold. Since then I've been putting one ounce in each gallon of gas I buy for my lawn mower. I bought a used Toro Super Recycler. It was well maintained, but would take about five pulls to start. I put ethanol free gas/Gumout into the tank. Around the 4th or 5th time I used my mower, it began starting up on the first pull.

For me, it works extremely well. I am sold on it.

I just did an intake clean with Gumout Multi through the brake booster intake line.
Rev the car to 2k while doing it - use the WHOLE can. After it is empty disconnect and rev the engine back to 2.5k for 30 seconds. Then Let it sit and heat soak for 30-60mins. This is important to get the carbon out of your engine.
Start it up and take it out on the highway for 15-20mins. While on the highway do 8-10 runs through to redline. Hold your gears if possible so you are not wickedly speeding.

Throttle response, start up, and gas mileage all improved.

I picked it because of the PEA content.

The MSDS for Gumout Multi-tune does not list PEA content. MSDS also states that they use a "proprietary fuel additive" *The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret." So whatever is what ever cleaners are in their proprietary blend is 5% to10% by weight. Nowhere does it state PEA content.It may be in their proprietary blend or not. PEA content if they use it atall is unknown for that product.

Originally Posted by BJD78
A quick search for "gumout multi-tune msds" reveals that they do not list the % of PEA, instead it states that they "use a proprietary fuel additive" and MSDS also states *The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.. what ever cleaners are in their proprietary blend is 5% to10% by weight. gumout multi

Better just to run a tank of top tier fuel once in a while or use a bottle of Techron or Redline where they actually post the % of PEA by weight. Redline is 30% to50% by weight according to their MSDS. :

Gumout Regain is 10% to 30% by weight polyether amine or PEA by weight :Regainehttps://3enoro1q5ve12ubndv13jkpk-wp...t-Regane-High-Mileage-Fuel-System-Cleaner.pdf

Sorry I cannot get the MSDS links to load correctly, but anyway, just do a quick search for MSDS on Gumout multi tune. Maybe they use PEA or maybe they don't.. no way to tell since they use the "proprietary trade secret excuse. Gumout Regaine, Redline and Techron at least disclose the % of PEA on the MSDS and since that is the main cleaning agent, that is pretty important info to know if you plan on spending money on a fuel system cleaner. I am no expert but just comparing MSDS sheets reveals that
Gumout Regane is 10%-30%PEA by weight, Redline is 30-50% PEA by weight and Techron MSDS displays as 15% to 40% PeA by weight.

Good work and I formation ^^^^^^^^

For what its worth - - the Gumout bottle has a bit of that dead fish smell that many PEA solvents have.

The MSDS for Gumout Multi-tune does not list PEA content. MSDS also states that they use a "proprietary fuel additive" *The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret." So whatever is what ever cleaners are in their proprietary blend is 5% to10% by weight. Nowhere does it state PEA content.It may be in their proprietary blend or not. PEA content if they use it atall is unknown for that product.

It says PEA right on the front of the can.

The MSDS for Gumout Multi-tune does not list PEA content.

The MSDS is not a "recipe" on how to produce a chemical compound. Very little can be derived from it, other than how to deal with spills, exposure, or fires. Which is what the MSDS is intended to do.

I did a borescope before and after with the multisystem gumout , and the pistons went from carbon coated to like new . VW Jetta 50k .

Originally Posted by Kjmack
I did a borescope before and after with the multisystem gumout , and the pistons went from carbon coated to like new . VW Jetta 50k .

If you had used Kreen and done a borescope, you would have seen they resembled isotropic finishing
lol.gif
J/K, I've used the multi-system stuff before on F&F cars, since I cleaned out Ollie's at $2.99/can. At that price, it's cheap enough to use to prevent F&F from coming back before I am ready to work on their cars again!
smile.gif

Will stay with the Gumout Fuel System cleaner that treats 35 gallons and just use 1 ounce per fill up. Guess if the throttle plate needs cleaned I still got PEA spray from Royal Purple to use up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back