I got a new eBike!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had a really sweet custom BMX bike built for my son. He's 14. I have a hard time keeping up with him. NOT ANYMORE!!

Brought this home yesterday: Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0
[Linked Image]

I rode one at a high end bike shop in my area and I couldn't believe how fast it was. The one I was looking at & riding was MSRP $2500.

Yeah, this bike goes 28MPH and that speed (24-26MPH) isn't too hard to maintain on flat ground if you have it in the highest Pedal Assist Mode (Turbo).

This bike had an MSRP of $3400, it was a left over from 2018 models (only difference between 2018 and 2019's are the color options), so I got it for $2800

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Sweet. I really like how sleek it looks with no clunky box. I wonder how many kwhrs the battery is.
smile.gif

500Wh's.....

I still haven't warmed up to the idea of e bikes. But if I were to get one, it would be like yours. I like the idea of pedal assist over the motor driving the wheels.

You are going to need a new seat. That one looks brutal.
Check out Sondors.com
Great bikes at good prices. I've had 2 and they are quality bikes.

Congrats! 5,000 miles now on my e-bike, good times.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by totegoat
Congrats! 5,000 miles now on my e-bike, good times.

Totegoat...what you riding around on?

I was going to go with the Specialized or Trek....but to get a 28MPH Trek, it was $5k. Too much for me at this time.

I was looking at the Haibike. But I didn't want to wait for the new FlyOn series to be released.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Dual disk brakes on the REAR and on the front is SINGLE?

That doesn't make much sense to me.

Think you are including the rear derailleur.

On Saturday, my 14 year old boy and I went out for a ride. We live around the lakes, so lots of big hills. Plus, the wind the blowing 20mph.
Sometimes it was at our back, sometimes in our face.

We rode 27 miles. He almost died. I made it too. But the next day (Sunday--Tuesday morning) until now, I still have a two HUGE knots in my back around my shoulder blades. I'm guessing I over did it and went too far too fast. Supporting my weight on a bike started to get pain in my wrists....and it destroyed my back. I'm healing up.

We might go for a 8 mile ride tonight after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back