Michelin finally makes a tire for my SRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
About bloody time!!!

Michelin has finally produced a P295/45ZR/20 and it is in the form of the Pilot Sport A/S3+:
Link to tire on TireRack

Comically, these are roughly half the price of the Pirelli run-flats it currently wears, and which don't have a heck of a lot left in them. May end up with these before the end of the summer at this rate.

$70 Michelin rebate till 4/18 when you click on offers/rebates. Maybe buy them now to get the deal.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
$70 Michelin rebate till 4/18 when you click on offers/rebates. Maybe buy them now to get the deal.

May make sense. My wheels are currently in storage at the dealer (still on my snows) so thanks for the suggestion!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
About bloody time!!!

Michelin has finally produced a P295/45ZR/20 and it is in the form of the Pilot Sport A/S3+:
Link to tire on TireRack

Comically, these are roughly half the price of the Pirelli run-flats it currently wears, and which don't have a heck of a lot left in them. May end up with these before the end of the summer at this rate.

Well, that is kind of NOT A/S tire, which is good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Old Mustang Guy
Good choice. They should ride better since they are not run flats.

BMW, who started all this nonsense is bringing back spare tire. I think we all see where this is going.

Originally Posted by edyvw

BMW, who started all this nonsense is bringing back spare tire. I think we all see where this is going.

BTW, I have a full-sized spare....
crazy2.gif
so the run-flats are for?????? I really have no idea, it seems ridiculous, yet for the longest time, the pickings in this size were EXTREMELY slim and almost mandated me sticking with the stockers.

crazy2.gif
so the run-flats are for?????? I really have no idea, it seems ridiculous, yet for the longest time, the pickings in this size were EXTREMELY slim and almost mandated me sticking with the stockers.

lol.gif

That is decision made by someone in Dodge that drove it to bankruptcy. They managed to avoid purge.

crazy2.gif

The run-flats are more for the clientele that buy an SRT. Granted, many owners are performance oriented people that could likely change their own tire, however they're also the type that can afford to BUY an SRT in the first place. They may like the comfort of knowing they can continue on to the nearest stop without having to get their hands dirty.

My old co-worker ran into the same thing on his 2012 SRT, there just aren't any options (until now). I just sent him the link, he needed tires like... yesterday.

I have the Pilot A/S 3+ on ( actually, beside ... they are still in the garage tire rack for a week or two) my not quite a HEMI all wheel drive Subaru ... More dry grip than I'll ever need, very, very good in the wet, reasonably quiet etc. and they were dirt cheap through Costco, with the $ 70.00 instant rebate.

They are WEAK in the winter ... but, I run winter tires for 6 freakin' months of the year ...

GEEZ ... those Pirelli's are around $ 700 bucks a pop at Costco ... !

Originally Posted by geeman789
I have the Pilot A/S 3+ on ( actually, beside ... they are still in the garage tire rack for a week or two) my not quite a HEMI all wheel drive Subaru ... More dry grip than I'll ever need, very, very good in the wet, reasonably quiet etc. and they were dirt cheap through Costco, with the $ 70.00 instant rebate.

They are WEAK in the winter ... but, I run winter tires for 6 freakin' months of the year ...

From everything I heard, they are tire just to get you home when temperature drops first time below 40, just in time to put snows on.
They are pretty much summer tire.

Originally Posted by double vanos
BMWs love of run flat tires is why i moved on to pickups. No spare, no sale.

They are coming back with spare option and, read this, OIL DIPSTICK!

Our local Costco had a used for a week set that a customer actually returned because, in his words, they were VERY BAD in snow. Kind of easy to guess that just looking at the tread pattern ...

Originally Posted by JHZR2
$271 each?!? Yikes!

That's actually stoopid cheap. I've literally never bought a performance tire that cheap before.

I had never heard of a car with run flats and a spare.

Well now you have
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back