Williams Socket set

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Mine came in the other day too. Packed by the same person that did Trav's order.

Yea JES packed mine too.

Mine came in the other day too. Packed by the same person that did Trav's order.

I sent the link to a friend who's a diesel mechanic, but apparently the link doesn't work with mobile phones? It just went to a page with individual sockets so I just assumed the deal was over. Odd.

I had that happen to me also. The correct part number was still listed on the page that popped up, even though the set didn't show. I put that part number in the search window and the correct sockets and price appeared. Deal is still on as far as I can tell.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Yea JES packed mine too.

Mine too.
grin.gif

Used them yesterday.

Nice, secure fit on some high torque bolts.

Very worthwhile purchase.

Similar story here, and I finally received some from someone other than JES.

In 1/2" set I received, they included 1-1/16" Snap-on socket instead of 27mm Williams. Guess 26.988mm will have to do.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Jes has been getting a workout from me. I've placed three more orders since I got my sockets.

Did anyone else read the detailed product description section? It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in what I would receive.

The headline description states 3/8" drive and 6 point. The detailed "includes" description states all 1/2" drive sockets, and "Number of Points: 12".

Guess you didn't read the whole thread or you would have seen this.

Originally Posted by Trav
Look at the number, if it begins with letters eg Williams MS-14-10HRC it is USA made and with numbers only it is Taiwan eg Williams 37917.

Check this page or the online catalog for part# and COO then plug the part number into Zoro.

http://www.toolsdelivered.com/Sockets-Drive-Tools_c_2621.html

https://www.snaponindustrialbrands.com/30/home.htm

Edit: Do not trust the description and pictures from Zoro they are mostly wrong, go by the other sites and just order by part#, they are dropped shipped by part # .

Guess you didn't read the whole thread or you would have seen this.

Look at the number, if it begins with letters eg Williams MS-14-10HRC it is USA made and with numbers only it is Taiwan eg Williams 37917.

Check this page or the online catalog for part# and COO then plug the part number into Zoro.

http://www.toolsdelivered.com/Sockets-Drive-Tools_c_2621.html

https://www.snaponindustrialbrands.com/30/home.htm

Edit: Do not trust the description and pictures from Zoro they are mostly wrong, go by the other sites and just order by part#, they are dropped shipped by part # .

Whoops! Guess not. Thanks!

Boy if I didn’t have over 1000 sockets already that would be a set to buy 😁. I can’t think of the last actual set of sockets I bought, most of mine came from the pawn shop since I can fill up a box for $20 there with whatever I want. I have lots of Williams sockets and Armstrong and Snap-on and Mac and Matco, and many many other brands too. The thing I don’t like about the Williams shallow 3/8 drive ones is some sizes like the 1/4and 5/16 are huge compared to say Craftsman or Snap-on or something like that. So they aren’t on my main rail because I don’t use them often because of their large profile.

I'm looking at their 1/4 drive deep sockets. The american made MSMD-12HRC is a 6point socket set. To get 12 point its 30941, made in taiwan.

I would like American made, but i also would like 12 point.

Decisions lol.

Went to purchase- $24 ground shipping to Utah :(
Try it from Zoro ($126), there may even be a 15% or 20% coupon floating around.

They'll often send a coupon (10% to 15%) if you add something to your cart and don't complete the purchase. But there is no extra charge for shipping.

It would be nice if they just lowered their prices all around and didn't have the coupon games.

Last edited:
Back