Mobil 1 EP or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (0W-20)

I have both of this and still undecided which one to use on my 50,000KM vehicle.

I'll go with the more popular choice here.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: It's a Nissan Murano 2015, 90% short trips daily and OCI is 6 months or mileage (usually 6 months since I don't hit the mileage).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fortesquieu
I have both of this and still undecided which one to use on my 50,000KM vehicle.

Thanks for your time!

Welcome … You could go either way and I'm sure you will …

welcome2.gif

What vehicle? What engine? What kind of driving? What oil change interval?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
welcome2.gif

What vehicle? What engine? What kind of driving? What oil change interval?

Thank you!

t's a Nissan Murano 2015, 90% short trips daily and OCI is 6 months or mileage (usually 6 months since I don't hit the mileage).

Originally Posted by PimTac
Just pick one and run the other one next time.

Ahhh I was thinking about this as well.

Thanks for your input.

You already have M1EP and PUP in 0w20 flavor? Both are fine oils and it will make no difference using one before the other. Maybe check the date codes and use the older one first? Happy motoring!

Originally Posted by StevieC
Either will serve you fine. I'm more of an M1 fan though.

Me too. However, having reading more and more about Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, it caught my attention!

I'll try both!

I've used both M1 EP and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and both have performed like... motor oil. From what I can tell exactly like Castrol and Chevron.

What in particular would I look for to determine which one was the best?

Originally Posted by fortesquieu

Thanks for your time!

Edit: It's a Nissan Murano 2015, 90% short trips daily and OCI is 6 months or mileage (usually 6 months since I don't hit the mileage).

M1 EP 0W-20 is PAO/POE and PPPP/PUPPP 0W-20 are GTL. So, there is no competition here, with M1 EP 0W-20 being a true full synthetic, even under German law. It's a clear choice to go with M1 EP 0W-20.

Oil is oil I doubt there is going to be any meaningful difference between the two oils .

Originally Posted by CT8
Oil is oil I doubt there is going to be any meaningful difference between the two oils .

LOL maybe the only meaningful difference would be price if one was on sale with a rebate like Mobil 1 currently is.

Originally Posted by Gokhan

M1 EP 0W-20 is PAO/POE and PPPP/PUPPP 0W-20 are GTL. So, there is no competition here, with M1 EP 0W-20 being a true full synthetic, even under German law. It's a clear choice to go with M1 EP 0W-20.

It's not the clear choice. There is more to an oil than it's base oil, you've been here long enough to know that. It's the finished product. That being said, both are very good choices.

Originally Posted by CT8

Thanks for yet again another useless post.

33.gif

Originally Posted by CT8

I'm starting to realize this more than more. Especially with a Nissan... it's not gonna last long enough for oil brand to matter :p

Originally Posted by Patman

It's not the clear choice. There is more to an oil than it's base oil, you've been here long enough to know that. It's the finished product. That being said, both are very good choices.

Add packs should be very similar, both being supplied by Infineum. It boils down to the base oil when weighing between these two oils. M1 EP probably uses extra antioxidant as a bonus. It likely has more OFM as well. M1 was also way ahead when it came to the add pack, as it met SN PLUS since the introduction of SN in October 2010, unlike PPPP, which changed the formulation in May 2018 when SN PLUS was first licensed. PPPP/PUPPP don't claim extended OCI.

Originally Posted by Patman

You are absolutely right, there is more to oil than just the base oil but in this case the only difference is the base oil as both oils are "finished product"

Last edited:
Back