Best Store Bought BBQ Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mix sweet baby rays with KC Masterpiece then doctor it up with Tiger sause and some rub. Usually bone suckin good rib rub. Maybe a squirt of butter.

I like a sause the tacks up good wile setting. Burgers sauage, ribs and chicken get this treatment.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
I usually make my own However Stubb's is my go to for bottled bbq sauce

Stubb's is good and not hard to find.

My current favorite is Cowboy Brand Prairie Fire Hot and Spicy.

Originally Posted by dave123
Originally Posted by Ihatetochangeoil
Originally Posted by billt460
Famous Dave's Devils Spit.

^^^^^^ This. Amen. So be it.

+3 love that shi$

Thanks guys will have to try that one. There's a Famous Dave's close by and have tried their sauces before. But I kind of get lost in all their sauces.

When I hear BBQ sauce, I think 'sweet', and I'm not a big fan of sweet sauces, even if they're spicy sweet. I prefer something more savory, personally, or some flavorful dry rub.

Originally Posted by diyjake
I make my own but if I use a store bought it has to be free of high fructose corn syrup, I avoid that crap.

+1, same here.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
Sweet Baby Ray's was voted the best bbq sauce on America's Test Kitchen.

My son likes regular Sweet Baby Ray's. I keep a bottle in the fridge for when he visits.

My favorite store bought is the Dinosaur BBQ wango tango, which is their spicy one. For homemade sauce I like a more vinegar and less sweet one.

Sweet Baby Ray's. My favorite. I met him at a golf outing a few years back. Really nice guy. I have a signed bottle sitting around somewhere.

I recently tried a bottle of Historic Lynchburg Tennessee Whiskey Barbecue Sauce. Very nice.

I also just made pulled pork using a bottle of mustard based barbecue sauce I picked up the last time I was passing through South Carolina. Can't remember the name right now. I always grab something different when I travel.

Sweet Baby Rays for my household. My wife is allergic to soy, and I don't tolerate onions, so our choices are somewhat limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back