Another pic of gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron right on main St.

Screenshot_20190409-203947.png

So Strange your premium is only 20 cents more than regular.

Our Regular is $2.55 but premium can be 60 cents more! Are they giving away your premium...or overcharging you for reqular? ...and vice versa here?

Originally Posted by ammolab
So Strange your premium is only 20 cents more than regular.

Our Regular is $2.55 but premium can be 60 cents more! Are they giving away your premium...or overcharging you for reqular? ...and vice versa here?

Overcharged for regular!

I think it was somewhere around 2007 that gasoline prices in the Metro NY area were consistently in the $4.25 to $4.50 range for self serve 87 octane (E10, the only kind sold in NY). The prices had been that high for a while. Starting in 2008 (presidential election year) the prices started dropping like a rock.

We are now up to the $2.75 to $3.00 range by me. I don't see it going back to 2007 prices anytime soon.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Ohio just approved a new gas tax too. Going to have to bring my own.
10.gif

It's only supposed to be a 10 cent increase, which isn't bad. Much better than Michigan's proposed 45 cent increase...

Originally Posted by grampi
10.gif

It's only supposed to be a 10 cent increase, which isn't bad. Much better than Michigan's proposed 45 cent increase...

Yes. Our fuel is 2.95 already. Our roads and bridges are bad. I would prefer a higher sales tax myself to fix them.

91 was $1.26/L at Costco last night, which is $4.77/gallon. In BC, they are paying ~$1.65/L for regular, which is $6.25/gallon.

Originally Posted by ZZman
10.gif

Yes. Our fuel is 2.95 already. Our roads and bridges are bad. I would prefer a higher sales tax myself to fix them.

Michigan is in a pickle. They have had many new sources of revenues over the last decade or so that were SUPPOSED to fund these projects, but somehow the money never seems to get spent where it needs to be. They need to figure out why the revenues they're already taking in keep being squandered before they raise taxes even more...

10.gif

Think of all the tax dollars spent on foreign aid and wars with out profit then think of why is the infrastructure falling apart !

$2.35-$2.49 around here for regular but like someone else said, premium is $0.60 more per gallon. I remember when there was a $0.10 adder for each grade...

Originally Posted by CT8
10.gif

Think of all the tax dollars spent on foreign aid and wars with out profit then think of why is the infrastructure falling apart !

These wars make sure we have cheap gasoline and can have huge deficits without collapsing our currency.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
$2.35-$2.49 around here for regular but like someone else said, premium is $0.60 more per gallon. I remember when there was a $0.10 adder for each grade...

It's easy to remember because it wasn't that long ago...the big price spreads between grades just started a few years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back