Medallion ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally would not use anything other than Honda ATF. Not worth the risk.

Of course no aftermarket ATF is going to have actual Honda approval, only the Honda branded ATF would. But having said that this fluid appears to have no approvals nor certifications at all so you are at their mercy as to the suitability.

Mind you that isn't terribly unusual for universal type ATF, Maxlife ATF doesn't have any either. Just comes down to trust - how much do you trust the Medallion ATF company? A lot of their products don't have certs including their motor oils, but a couple of those are dexos 1 licensed.

FWIW no one here is going to be able to give you a testimonial or opinion that will be a technical substitute for the specification your vehicle requires. That's not possible.

I know aftermarket ATF will not have manufactures approval and that doesn't bother me. I have used aftermarket ATF and will continue to do so without much worries as long as it a solid brand like Valvoline Maxlife or Amsoil ATF and as long as it is compatible but Medallion is a brand I never heard and wanted to hear if anyone might have had any experiences or even heard of it.

I used to think Super Tech was a generic brand but this Medallion brand is very generic, when he told me the brand I thought to myself this is probably a brand that you would see at a Dollar Tree or Dollar General.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back