Powersmart Lawnmowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know who makes the engines on the Powersmart mowers?

I don't have a large lawn so I don't need anything fancy so part of me wants to just get a cheap mower that I know is more than sufficient and the other part of me wants to splurge on something nicer with maybe a Honda engine, but I probably won't.

Thanks for any feedback.

The models I've seen at Home Depot had Honda clone (Chinese) engines. I'd say go in-between that and the expensive Honda and get a Toro Personal Pace mower. I've had mine 11 years now and it's been awesome.

Time of the year when a person's thoughts turn to mowers . We bought a new one last year . Do far , younger son has mowed our " lawn " 2 or 3 times . Still starts good ! :)

A mower from Walmart with a B&S engine .

Our old one still ran OK and did not burn any significant amount of oil . But had to fight it to get it to start . :-(

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Time of the year when a person's thoughts turn to mowers . We bought a new one last year . Do far , younger son has mowed our " lawn " 2 or 3 times . Still starts good ! :)

A mower from Walmart with a B&S engine .

Our old one still ran OK and did not burn any significant amount of oil . But had to fight it to get it to start . :-(

This is my favorite time of year, because people start pushing their broken mowers to the curb for me to scoop up and fix for family members, haha.

What kind of grass?

I know around here if you dont want to mow every 4 days in the spring you need a decent motor 160cc or 190cc preferred.
and side discharge capability for the fast spring growth.

I would then transition into mulching mid summer when it grows slower.

I then bought a tractor because 1.25-1.5 hours was giving me blisters on the feet and it sorta sucks in the 90f high humidity heat mowing on a slope.
after working 8-12 hours.

Besides all that my only advice would be to avoid any sort of autochoke type system.. unless they have gotten significantly better in the last few years they are not the greatest.

@WyrTwister: on B&S: check flywheel key for timing issues (on flywheel of course). Replace with fresh one whenever possible.

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back