~14K Miles 1 Year Fram Freshbreeze CF8804A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it last year for $8 on an Amazon clearance deal. The packaging was torn but the filter was still wrapped in perfect condition.

Here's how it looks with about 1 Year and 14K miles of usage. Should I change this filter? It's not that dirty, but the pleats have a bunch of accumulated dirt.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I've been changing mine every spring. Too cheap, over a years time, to not change it. Usually NAPA Gold filters. Looking a FRAM fresh breeze next time. But that's me.

I'd change it. If not maybe you can bang/shop vac some of that junk out and use it a little longer.

Originally Posted by A_User55555
It's not that dirty, but the pleats have a bunch of accumulated dirt.

What.

That filter is filthy. Change it.

I never remove a filter without the intent to change it. Double labor for what? Either you have faith that it is good and you leave it alone, or you change it.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by A_User55555
It's not that dirty, but the pleats have a bunch of accumulated dirt.

What.

That filter is filthy. Change it.

That filter is nasty! I wouldn't want to breathe in that garbage. Change it.

Wow ...yes change that thing immediately. It's what you don't see that can cause damage to your engine too. Keep it clean your vehicle will thank you.

Is that an Engine Filter or Cabin Filter ?
Edit: I see it's a Cabin Filter.

Since it's the air you breath, I'd change it yearly / easy to remember.
I always snoop around the area on the 'clean' side of the Filter and look for accumulation of dust that may have gotten thru.
If no dust is found, figure the Filter is doing its job.

Last edited:
How is that filter nasty? Yeah it's got some dust/dirt on it but it isn't that bad. It's not like it has a decaying mouse on it....

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Wow still clean! Mine is pretty dirty after 6 months. I just picked up a Bosch hepa unit for fun.

If it's an actual HEPA-rated filter, be prepared to be disappointed. I tried the Bosch 6830C HEPA filter and the airflow dropped to almost nothing.
With the climate control in AUTO on a day hovering around freezing, the fan speed rose all the way to max and it still couldn't keep up.
If I had to guesstimate, I'd say the HEPA flow at the highest fan speed was equivalent to a non-HEPA at the lowest or second lowest fan setting.

Thanks everyone, I might change it in the upcoming weeks.

The reason why I removed it is because if you just open the cover for the filter, The filter doesn't look that dirty. I wanted to see it closer.

I actually tried using a can of compressed air to blow some of the excess off. But it seemed as if the dirt was "stuck"

Also it takes a few minutes to remove. So it's not that big a deal to take it out again.

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by Rolla07
Wow still clean! Mine is pretty dirty after 6 months. I just picked up a Bosch hepa unit for fun.

If it's an actual HEPA-rated filter, be prepared to be disappointed. I tried the Bosch 6830C HEPA filter and the airflow dropped to almost nothing.
With the climate control in AUTO on a day hovering around freezing, the fan speed rose all the way to max and it still couldn't keep up.
If I had to guesstimate, I'd say the HEPA flow at the highest fan speed was equivalent to a non-HEPA at the lowest or second lowest fan setting.

Let's not forget its initial chemical smell that makes me nauseous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back