which sealant : finish care or Soft 99

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to try a new sealant. last one i tried was beadmaker. while it worked well, the longevity was poor. i got less then 2 month on a car parked outside. i am still testing hybrid wax.

i am looking at these two. they both seem to be long lasting and beading . which one should i get ?

https://www.amazon.com/Finish-Kare-BWM-101-Paste/dp/B002NZL6M6/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_3?crid=23T9N6A0R6WUU&keywords=finish+kare+1000p+hi-temp+paste+wax&qid=1554741768&s=gateway&sprefix=finish+kare%2Caps%2C215&sr=8-3-fkmrnull

https://www.amazon.com/Soft99-Fusso-months-Waterproof-Detailing/dp/B077PQ9SRB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=L6I4Y7ZFKU37&keywords=soft99+fusso+coat&qid=1554741812&s=gateway&sprefix=soft+99%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-1

Last edited:
FK1000P. All Day.

[Linked Image]

Love this stuff.

Last edited:
Finish Kare FK1000p "Hi Temp" Paste Wax. Great product. Inexpensive, long-lasting, and very durable. Great shine too.
Nothing wrong with the Fusso stuff, but the FK stuff is a better value for comparable protection.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I've always wanted to try Soft99 Fusso Coat

Same.. but I just can't bring myself to spend the money when I just don't need it, since I've already got so many wax/sealants on hand.

I might be wrong here but I think the Fusso Coat uses PTFE or a similar component (Teflon). I have no experience with the product. Also, is this the real McCoy? That has to be considered as well.

I always suggest tried and true products that get good reviews. Jescar Powerlock is one such product.

Being that your car is parked outside you have to expect that longevity will be affected. The Powerlock should give you six good months which is a good schedule anyway. Once before winter and once in the spring. Washing in between you can use a spray wax as you dry technique to keep the shine going

You guys have it backwards. He should test the Soft99 Fusso Coat because we don't have any information on it. We already know that Finish Kare is good.

Originally Posted by SirTanon
Finish Kare FK1000p "Hi Temp" Paste Wax. Great product. Inexpensive, long-lasting, and very durable. Great shine too.
Nothing wrong with the Fusso stuff, but the FK stuff is a better value for comparable protection.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I've always wanted to try Soft99 Fusso Coat

Same.. but I just can't bring myself to spend the money when I just don't need it, since I've already got so many wax/sealants on hand.

Ditto on FK1000P. It lasts a year in hot Hawaii sun and has a deeper shine than Meguiar's Ultimate. The trick is to apply a thin coat otherwise it leaves a yellowish/white streak on edges.

got my can of finish care. unfortunately its raining in the PNW as usual.
frown.gif
still i out some on to the hood of one of my vehicles to see how well it spreads and removes. its spreads easy and a little goes a long way. i think its gonna be a while for this tin to empty.

just did it and am waiting for to dry. then gonna roll it outside to see how well it beads

I was trying to decide between FK and Fusso Coat last year. After some analysis paralysis, I finally tossed a coin and ended up with Fusso Coat, just because it appeared more exotic... LOL. I am happy with it, although the first time around I applied too much so it took some extra elbow grease to buff it off.

BTW, you can get it on eBay for less than on Amazon, if you don't mind longer wait.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back