Fram Ultra XG2870A cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
7000km OCI on my 09 Jetta. This is actually the first Fram oil filter I've ever put on any of my cars. Everything looks just fine and I didn't expect anything to be off either. ADBV is fine. No damage and it flops about as it should. I like how the wire backing keeps the media nice and straight. The VW OEM filters I've used usually try to do their best Purflux impression at this mileage.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I didn't realize the Fram Ultra was offered in the 2870A

I have a "clearance" ($2.00?) Tough Guard TG2870A with almost 35,000 miles on it , on my F150.

Originally Posted by Linctex

I have a "clearance" ($2.00?) Tough Guard TG2870A with almost 35,000 miles on it , on my F150.

hey hey wow 35000 miles , you are brave Sir :) May I know what is the idea behind ?

But whatever the reason its entertaining thanks !!!
cheers3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

With oil and filters being so cheap, I'd have to ask why. Why would you want to take a chance to destroy the engine?

Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
I have a "clearance" ($2.00?) Tough Guard TG2870A with almost 35,000 miles on it, on my F150.

With oil and filters being so cheap, I'd have to ask why. Why would you want to take a chance to destroy the engine?

Definately a record setter, but perhaps involving some risk. Definately want to see a cut 'n post on that one.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE
I have a "clearance" ($2.00?) Tough Guard TG2870A with almost 35,000 miles on it, on my F150.

Definately a record setter, but perhaps involving some risk. Definately want to see a cut 'n post on that one.

Even on an Ultra, that's pushing it, let alone on a Tough Guard with cardboard internals.

Originally Posted by VolkswagenFox21
7000km OCI on my 09 Jetta. This is actually the first Fram oil filter I've ever put on any of my cars. Everything looks just fine and I didn't expect anything to be off either. ADBV is fine. No damage and it flops about as it should. I like how the wire backing keeps the media nice and straight. The VW OEM filters I've used usually try to do their best Purflux impression at this mileage.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That one looks like it probably maintained a seal around the leaf spring. Hard to know for sure by looking at that pic but it looks like the impression is even and prominent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back