How anal are you about funnels ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't clean them after use and then take a rag to them before using again. Sometimes little dirt gets in on the next run (very little). oh well.

Originally Posted by lairdwd
I usually don't clean them after use and then take a rag to them before using again. Sometimes little dirt gets in on the next run (very little). oh well.

I usually clean thoroughly and then wipe off. That way, no dirt gets on it. Oh, we're talking about funnels and not something else in the thread title...

Last edited:
I clean then store small ones in gallon zip-locks. I clean and cover large ones.

I used to be far more anal about it, now I clean it down with brake cleaner and just bag it. Next time I use it, a quick once over with brake cleaner. I don't like contaminating new fluids with other unrelated fluids or dirt. I will not use any funnel I cannot clean (practically, like the ones with the flexible spout, good luck cleaning that out).

Originally Posted by totegoat
I clean then store small ones in gallon zip-locks. I clean and cover large ones.

I do the same thing. It's so easy to clean funnels; it makes zero sense that you're OK that a "little dirt gets in"!

I cringe when I watch YouTube videos of people doing fluid changes and it looks like they haven't cleaned the funnel at all. Especially when they're using a coolant funnel and it looks like it's covered in dirty oil.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by lairdwd

Mine get wiped out so they don't dribble on the peg in the storage. The peg is a nail in a stud. I don't want oil running down my framing ...

I cut the first bottle in half and use it as a funnel and then throw it away.

Terribly anal. When done, they get carefully wiped out and then washed in dish soap and hot water. When they dry, they go into a large plastic tote bin so they stay clean and dirt free.

I have about ten different funnels and stay on top of them so they are clean and ready when I need them.

Wipe them down and run them through the dishwasher when wife is out.

Originally Posted by propuckstopper
Terribly anal. When done, they get carefully wiped out and then washed in dish soap and hot water. When they dry, they go into a large plastic tote bin so they stay clean and dirt free.

I have about ten different funnels and stay on top of them so they are clean and ready when I need them.

Now that's anal!

I just wipe before using.

I often store the funnel in a trash can, with some left over towels from the last project, that way gravity will do its thing and get most of the leftover oil off.

Dishwasher then in a Ziploc bag.

Remember the old metal can hole puncher and oil spout?

When finished the attendant would hang it over the garbage can to drain. This is outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back