Who Makes Motorcraft Products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I remember that many moons a go that Conico used to make Motorcraft motor oil. Their oil and air filters were made by Puralator. Who makes Motorcraft oils, filters, fluids, wipers, brakes, etc these days?

Originally Posted by s1mp13m4n
Their oil and air filters were made by Puralator.

The Motorcraft filters still are made by Purolator/Mann+Hummel.

There is no single vendor even for the same components. For brake pads you have Brembo and Varga just on my Mustang. Spark plugs are usually Autolite but also NGK.

I remember "a few years ago" seeing crates of parts from Denso inside their engine plant in Lima OH.

Their oil is made by Conoco/Kendall

Their filters are Purolator

Their spark plugs are almost always Autolite, except some of the iridium ones

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Their spark plugs are almost always Autolite, except some of the iridium ones
The Ecoboost engines use NGK plugs. I don't recall if they spec Iridium plugs but Ford does say they're generally good for 100k miles which is typical for Iridium plugs. I replaced the plugs in our Fusion and while the plugs were well-worn, the car didn't run noticeably better with the new plugs (suggesting to me that the plugs were functioning just fine). Car has 90k + miles so they were due anyway....

Last I knew, which was admittedly a while ago, Ford factory-installed filters were made by Champion Laboratories, while Motorcraft filters were made by Purolator. Motorcraft spark plugs were made by Autolite. Conoco makes their oil, trnsmission fluid, etc.

Dunno who makes their blinker fluid.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Spark plugs are usually Autolite but also NGK.

I remember when you'd see actual Autolite branded plugs on a Ford.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RF Overlord
Last I knew, which was admittedly a while ago, Ford factory-installed filters were made by Champion Laboratories, while Motorcraft filters were made by Purolator. Motorcraft spark plugs were made by Autolite. Conoco makes their oil, trnsmission fluid, etc.

Dunno who makes their blinker fluid.

The last time I checked XOM was the blender for Motorcraft Canada.

Originally Posted by MParr
All Motorcraft lubricants are made by Phillip 66. Filters are Purolator/Mann+Hummel. NGK spark plugs.

Not all of them. The XT-M5-QS manual trans fluid that everyone gets excited over is made by Castrol in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back