Lubegard biotech as 2 stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I might anger the gods and try something new. I took my weed whacker and instead of using regular 2 stroke oil with the gas I'm using a 40-1 ratio of gas to biotech. Makes a pretty purple fuel and purrs like a kitty.

Seems like a terrible idea using a non ashless oil for a 2 stroke engine. Also that may be the most expensive 2 stroke oil ever.

I like Klotz Beanol or Super Techniplate for premix personally.

To be fair it's just one tank, which is like 10oz. Its an experiment. I usually run regular supertech 2 stroke. Synthetic if I'm feeling frisky...

Why not shoot the company an email and fill them in on your experiment? They can tell you the factual pros and cons if any, and what the long term outcome would have been had you continued.

Considering that in years gone by, 2T oil wasn't anything other than non detergent 30 weight, I'd say while LubeGard Biotech isn't optimal, there are many other poorer choices. I'd expect deposits from the Moly and Boron.

Heh heh and I thought I was living on the edge using Valvoline Universal TCW3 rated oil mixed 32:1 in my weed wackers and chain saw. I never understood how an ashless oil could be bad for a air cooled 2 stroke
grin2.gif

Again, specific oils are are formulated for specific applications.

Why it's a bad idea:

1) Viscosity is not correct,

2) additive package is not correct, does not contain the correct mix of Anti-wear components,

3) solvents are not present,

4) combustion enhancers are not present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back