Tesla Model 3 Auto Pilot Software Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of you seem to love Elon and his Model 3.
You can't get enough!
Here is 50 miles over 3 freeways on AP. No steering, braking, etc.
Scary, trippy, crazy, future.

Model 3 Auto Pilot

Last edited:
Well you know neither Tesla or the program that certified this system is going to stand behind it if the car gets in an accident you are still going to be the fall guy.

I drove my son's Model 3 and I was VERY impressed by the acceleration and ability to drive itself.

Don't be fooled by the new low prices, that's with a 120 mile battery, one motor, and NO auto drive. My son's was the mid-level with 240 mile battery, 2 motors, and auto drive.

I just can't bring myself to spend $63K on a car.

When Tesla allows you (or your indy mechanic) to buy parts, has an ACTUAL dealer network in place to service them, and doesn't ask astronomical $ for a car with a sub 100 mile range using A/C or heat, I might consider one.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
When Tesla allows you (or your indy mechanic) to buy parts, has an ACTUAL dealer network in place to service them, and doesn't ask astronomical $ for a car with a sub 100 mile range using A/C or heat, I might consider one.

You are not their target customer and they don't want your money, period.

Tesla's sales model is probably the future of car sales.
FYI, there is a service network in place now. We test drove and ordered our car a s service center.
Perhaps you know there is little service on these cars beyond cabin air filters and tire rotations.
I think they told us to bring it in in 2 years or 13K miles for a checkup.
The driving range is poor in cold areas.

I do agree they are expensive. But what a car!

Originally Posted by Reddy45

You are not their target customer and they don't want your money, period.

Well they dang sure took his share of tax money with all the federal government subsidies.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
If I could afford a Tesla I'd definitely buy one.

Nice cars.

Me too! But I am the guy that buys your car after you are done with it.
smile.gif

Took the Model 3 out for a spin. Auto Pilot is insane... Pull blinker down for a left lane change and she accelerates around cars and makes a perfect lane change.
Touch screen to select rock music. Led Zep, Guns... Wow!
Gas stations look kinda stupid...

Got in the GS350 F Sport afterwards and felt like I was in Grandpa's Buick. Almost confusing in it's complexity as compared to the beautiful advanced simplicity of the Tesla.
They aren't for everybody, but...
Drive one and you are hooked; these things are different. And faaaaaast....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back