Mobil 1 - Green Grease - Valvoline Syn grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
which of these should I get for all my automobile , floor jack, lawn mower.... one grease for everything that have the fitting for grease gun, I like to keep it simple. Most of you know I like to buy local, I dont like wait for shipping.... these I can find at my local auto zone...

I use green grease for everything because it's in my grease gun for my boat. I only use a tube every 2 or so years, so cost isn't an issue. Works for me.

Not sure I'd use green grease for wheel and u joint bearings, but it's good for everything else.

I'd run M1 in the items listed above, but it runs.

For suspension, sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but Schaefer's.

Green is a good product, it is just 5+ times more viscous (thicker) than needed for average automotive application

I would, and did, select Synpower (Valvoline) for my one-go-to-grease setup. Works great, seems to last reasonably well although I only have a few places that need it. That said I don't TRUELY have a single go-to grease as I also have a gun full of SuperLube for general purpose stuff and one with some NLGI 3 silicone grease by Jet-Lube for poly bushings.

Originally Posted by anndel
M1 melts, I stopped using it and switched to Valvoline Syn grease and Amsoil.

False information. M1 and other quality grease separates a bit for better lubrication. It does melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back