6.3 Liter AMG V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this channel for a bit. The host is a MB tech, some interesting topics.

Part of this piece talks about oil change frequency and some unintended consequences of not changing oil frequently enough.
Mostly anecdotal, but looks to be accurate to me. If you want to get to the oil change stuff, go to 6:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlj7254gOww

Your attitude is why this forum is thought of as fools. You just can't dismiss someone that says you need to change oil sooner than you would.
You rather trust on a little document than on mechanic's real life experience.

Piece for thought.

Originally Posted by PPWarrior
Your attitude is why this forum is thought of as fools. You just can't dismiss someone that says you need to change oil sooner than you would.

Piece for thought.

Huh?
I agreed with him.
Also. Don't know if you watched the video. You posted 5 minutes after I made the post and the video is 19 minutes long.
Just wow.

Look back at his prior posting history and you'll see there is nothing of substance that would merit considering his opinion.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Look back at his prior posting history and you'll see there is nothing of substance that would merit considering his opinion.

Gotcha

Good video, thanks for sharing.

I agree with a lot of what he said and it has been shown that shortening OCIs in European vehicles that originally called for long drains can be and has been beneficial.

The N63 CCP comes immediately to mind.

Piece for thought.

Three things:
1. Attacking somebody for their "position" when you either didn't read or properly comprehend their post is more than a little awkward
2. Casting broad aspersions regarding the competence of the user base here after point #1 is more than a little ironic.
3. Why, if your regard for this forum is so poor, do you continue to post here?
21.gif

Well the M156 was well known to have head bolt problems along with other issues. Once the engine blows, it's like another 25k for another AMG engine. Pretty much was there from 2007-2011 til they upgraded the head bolts.

I have never blown an engine and have used many different oils.....I may change the oil at 3k or 5k or 7k, depends on my mood that week..lol

smokem if u gottem

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
I have never blown an engine and have used many different oils.....I may change the oil at 3k or 5k or 7k, depends on my mood that week..lol

smokem if u gottem

Amen brother...

Piece for thought.

What? Mechanics know just as much as you about motor oil. Which is next to nothing.

Originally Posted by CourierDriver

smokem if u gottem

Yeah, but did you ever have an AMG 6.3l engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back