Weird coincidences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My place of work Is next door to a place that rents huge cranes. It's obvious that we are an auto repair shop and they have a yard full of huge yellow cranes. several have the boom extended up into the sky.

Tuesday a guy comes in our shop asking about renting a crane. We showed him who he needs to talk to next door. Then today another guy walks in and asked if there is a crane rental around.

Never have we been asked this.

Wednesday a lady drove through our open gate to our back lot looking for our front door. She must be a bad driver because she could not turn around or back out. I had to turn the truck around for her.

Today another guy drove into the same area. But he backed out. Never had that happen either. Now 2x in a week.

My work is an older building, the parts department is on the opposite side of the building from the service drive. Our front counter opens up to the outside with a big blue awning that says "parts" on it. Plus there is a sign at the entrance that says "service next entrance." About 10 times a day I hear our front counter girl say "service is on the other side." Some people argue about it.

I wonder if their google directions changed and maybe they're further down the street to where you are? Otherwise, yeah one of those weird things, but probably a bell curve type thing.

Originally Posted by Chris142

How long has your shop been there?
How long has the crane business been next door?

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It gives you an opportunity to be nice and let them now where to go if they need their vehicle worked on.

This!

Say yes, but we don't have any available right now.

Its all the rubber neckers looking at the construction site next door. I think people are loosing their minds and loosing common sense.

Given the number of things that were discovered/invented at the same time, at opposite sides of the globe, I have no issue with strange synchronicities like described here.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Originally Posted by skyactiv
It gives you an opportunity to be nice and let them now where to go if they need their vehicle worked on.

This!

This times 2. If you are friendly, and tell them you are a car repair place and if they ever needs work done to remember you guys. Probably would be more effective than advertising.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by Chris142

How long has your shop been there?
How long has the crane business been next door?

Our shop has been here since 77. The crane place since the late 90's.

Offer a free crane rental with a radiator re-core
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back