Wix 57055
Miles - 6000
Application - Subaru Crosstrek
[Linked Image]

Filter #4
Wix 57055
Miles - 6000
Application - Subaru Crosstrek

This one have a few more wavy pleats than the rest.
[Linked Image]

I have a feeling the wavy pleats can be attributed to short tripping and condensation in the oil, and possibly humid ambient weather conditions. Other than that they look pretty good. Thanks for the effort!

Filter #5
Kawasaki OEM 49605-7007
Hours - 8 (break in oil)
Application - Kawasaki 2 cylinder lawn mower engine

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thought this was interesting as it has holes in the bottom of the filtering canister within the filter housing.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Filter #6
K&N 303
Application - Yamaha Bruin 350
Hours - 2 years worth of mowing grass (pull behind) and snow plowing

Not impressed for the money. Filter media appeared to be synthetic and well constructed, but what also appears to be a butyl rubber anti drainback valve and made in China? Wouldn't buy again.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kinda disappointed in the last 57055; but even while ugly, it did its job. I haven't bought any of the Wix 57055, but I have a shelf-full of the Napa Gold 7055. I've got two on vehicles right now and had 53' Stude cut a virgin one open... will be interesting to see how the 7055 compares to the 57055.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Kinda disappointed in the last 57055; but even while ugly, it did its job. I haven't bought any of the Wix 57055, but I have a shelf-full of the Napa Gold 7055. I've got two on vehicles right now and had 53' Stude cut a virgin one open... will be interesting to see how the 7055 compares to the 57055.

I did UOAs on all oil changes and although I can't match up the UOA to that filter, all my results have been good.

Many thanks from the evil Northeast.

As edwardh1 said above, ......appreciate and love the pics but what the media is and what it does tells more of the story.

Not even a picture of filter media from either the factory floor or warehouse. Who makes the stuff?

Media aesthetics aside, ie., some wavy pleats, looks like they all got the job done. 6k mile on the Wix, fairly substantial ocis. K&N extra potting/glue not pretty. Don't know when made but K&N automotive applications have returned to Champ Labs made in the US now.

As for Kawi filter, holes in dome endcap part of clicker type bypass design with compression spring cover (not shown). Champ Labs has used similar on Super Tech ST9688 (old design) and STP S2808.

Speaking of ST, one shown might be biggest one I've seen, looks good. Wonder if that was when they were Wix made. Motorcraft looks good too.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted by SVTCobra
Filter #5
Kawasaki OEM 49605-7007
Hours - 8 (break in oil)
Application - Kawasaki 2 cylinder lawn mower engine

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thought this was interesting as it has holes in the bottom of the filtering canister within the filter housing.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Looks just like a briggs filter hardly any media on it that's why I wont use them.

the holes on the bottom are the pressure bypass for the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back