Quality fuel filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tractor has a 5/16 inline fuel Filter. And let's face the fact that the tank probably isn't really that clean. No big deal really. Just put a new filter on it once in a while.

I can't find what I consider to be good filtering filter. The last disaster was a see through one from autozone. Our California approved special blend gas ate it!

It swelled up the body. The element came loose and it allowed contaminants into the carburetor. Caused the tractor to shut down with the Gannon down. Stuck in my yard.

I want a filter made in a respectable country. I can't find one. Even the wix 33032 is made in China. Fram, Purolater too. All look to be from the same Chinese factory.

Any ideas to where I can find a decient filter?

Originally Posted by Chris142
My tractor has a 5/16 inline fuel Filter. And let's face the fact that the tank probably isn't really that clean. No big deal really. Just put a new filter on it once in a while.

I can't find what I consider to be good filtering filter. The last disaster was a see through one from autozone. Our California approved special blend gas ate it!

It swelled up the body. The element came loose and it allowed contaminants into the carburetor. Caused the tractor to shut down with the Gannon down. Stuck in my yard.

I want a filter made in a respectable country. I can't find one. Even the wix 33032 is made in China. Fram, Purolater too. All look to be from the same Chinese factory.

Any ideas to where I can find a decient filter?

Kubota 12581-43012. Fits several models and is very popular.

Made in Japan. $5 or so at the dealer.

Hello. Hello. Chris, it's 2019.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot

Hello. Hello. Chris, it's 2019.
laugh.gif

Ya but I'm just not having luck with the Chinese ones. Maybe I can find nos on eBay or the Kubota one mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back