Making some changes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got new rotors today. Can't wait to put them on. They are Project Mu and are built better than the 200.00 combo kit I had before from Autoanything. Also I have a limited supply of redline 0w20 and will slowly be migrating over to M1 0w30 with Archoil 9100. I know... I said it. Have started to have a hard time getting to where I can go get it in Wichita-ks . They won't deliver to my Po Box either so it's what it is. Next week oil is getting changed so Adam will get to cut open a fram ultra 7317 with over 22k miles on it. Lots going on.

IMG_4876.jpg

_20190328_230725.JPG

Gone for days at a time so thats why I have PO Box. Trying to shop local when possible and after being a victim of mail theft I just leave it as is.Now I just send people cash and have them buy it and pick up when I get time or remember lol. Slept almost two days straight recently so I can get well.

Autoanything.com scares me due to one bad experience.

I ordered floor mats and they sent incorrect floor mats with a shipping sticker stuck to the product box.
Then the delivery service left it in the rain even though there's a waterproof overhang "right there".

I must ad that they took it back with the lousy box and credited my card without guff or delay.

Still, I'll never go near them again unless I absolutely have to.

What car are these rotors going on? After having my WRX rotors turned a couple of times already, and having them warp AGAIN after some spirited crooked/mountain road driving, I'm looking for a new set, probably along with a different pad compound. I'm assuming the stock pads, which are obviously designed to work well at city-driving velocities, are overheating the rotors.

These are Project Mu rotors. Ordered some full ceramic adapt one pads from napa. Am putting on my civic when I get tires rotated and balanced.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
What car are these rotors going on? After having my WRX rotors turned a couple of times already, and having them warp AGAIN after some spirited crooked/mountain road driving, I'm looking for a new set, probably along with a different pad compound. I'm assuming the stock pads, which are obviously designed to work well at city-driving velocities, are overheating the rotors.

It's not a rotor problem, you need better pads with higher heat range. Try stoptech 309s great pad for spirited driving with great initial bite.

Originally Posted by Marco620
These are Project Mu rotors. Ordered some full ceramic adapt one pads from napa. Am putting on my civic when I get tires rotated and balanced.

Does Project Mu make pads for your vehicle? If they do I'm curious why you didn't order those? Not criticising.
If your brakes are hot and you're sitting at a red light facing downhill hard on the brakes so you don't roll through red light you will probably get the "warp" effect. It's pad material stuck to your rotors. I had to drive Chevy in my signature in exactly the situation described above and I would set the e-brake and put auto transmission in neutral. The brakes were overwhelmed often. An extreme case that doesn't apply to you but maybe sheds some light on how certain events lead to brake issues

Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Originally Posted by john_pifer

It's not a rotor problem, you need better pads with higher heat range. Try stoptech 309s great pad for spirited driving with great initial bite.

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back