2-cycle oil as engine flush/cleaner??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, just tossing out 'comparable' ideas...

Many on here are fans of adding MMO to both the oils and gas, as it says to do. In both, it is a general cleaner to remove deposits and keep everything clean.

Some here like to add 2-stroke oil to the gas to lube and clean the fuel system; what about adding it to the oil as a gentle cleaner like you would MMO?

If it has cleaning properties along with lubricating ones, would it not achieve the same thing?

You can add 20% MMO to the crankcase to clean, and it is very light, why not add 20% 2-cycle to do the same?

Go on, fire away.....

Stick to oil in the oil pan and gas in gas tank.

Unless you are trying to compete with Scotty Kilmer "Will a car run on bacon fat"?

I have used 2 cycle oil in diesel fuel tank when I had a mechanical fuel injection pump.

Last edited:
Who says MMO does a better job than an oil's or fuel's additive package in the sump and tank, respectively?

Today, this seems like nonsense to me, especially when you've got people saying that they've run nothing but the cheapest conventional oil or non-top-tier fuel for decades without problems. Now, you want to go ahead and one-up these anecdotes, not to mention those of use who use "better" oil and fuel with something not meant to be used in either application? I'm confused.

Using a top oil will assist in lubricating the top end of an engine but is it necessary where well serviced engines go over 200000 miles. We have found that using 2 cycle oil at 100 to 1 in air cooled engines can reduce the dreaded silvery look at oil change.

An interesting experiment for a beater. I'd stick to it for adding to fuel though.

Originally Posted by rideahorse
They have changed diesel by taking out the lubrication. That is why we are adding 2 cycle oil for the injectors.

Not really true. They took out the sulfur but have added other additives to provide the needed lubrication. However there is some question about whether these additives are consistently added in the proper amounts.

That is one stupid idea....

Since regular HDEO has TBN of 10-16.....and lots of calcium and/or magnesium...

And usual API TC/JASO FD 2stroke oil has TBN around 2 +/-....

Originally Posted by dblshock
640:1 TCW-3 on this '07 500 Rubicon since day 1

[Linked Image]

needless to say I run it in all my 4T engines.

Needless to saj that this is fake
smile.gif
If two stroke oil has that miracle ability to clean....why are not then 2stroke engines spotless inside?

Originally Posted by BlakeB
Originally Posted by dblshock
640:1 TCW-3 on this '07 500 Rubicon since day 1

needless to say I run it in all my 4T engines.

Hmmm, looks like wire brush swirl marks can be seen.

There is nothing wrong with a minimal carbon film on the piston head, it helps protect it from pre-ignition/detonation events to some extent before the piston gets torched.
If the carbon is not causing any issues I don't bother about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back