Has anyone used CRC fuel injector cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Donald
Have not tried. Is it PEA?

I stick to Techron once/oil change for gas vehicles.

second the above

I have not used it, but a quick check of the description on the company's website yields:

"Description - Maintains "Like-New" Performance In Today's Fuel Injected Engines. Helps Provide Total Engine Cleanliness."

That tells me it doesn't do much...probably won't hurt anything to use it, but don't expect much benefit from using it.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
At the recommendation of Trav I use Berryman's every 10k miles.

Berryman's is excellent.

I tried it a while ago, at least the "Guaranteed to Pass" stuff. It does have PEA and it did lengthen the time a check engine light stayed off so I could get a car inspected...

IMO nothing works as good as Amsoil P.I. but if you want something off the shelf use Techron or Gumout as Berryman's is near impossible to find up here it seems. Amazon.ca used to carry it but it's no longer available.

I haven't used CRC's fuel additive but if it's anything like their GDI/Turbo cleaner it should be top-notch.

Last edited:
CRC 1 tank was - hands down - the best fuel additive I have ever used.

At least ability to notice changes and actually affect gas mileage.

I usually use superior motoring benefits high mileage treatment, super gas treatment, fuel injector cleaner, and octane booster every year, and gumout all system cleaner about every year.( all the smb and one bottle of gumout six months apart.) then I use Lucas oil stabilizer every oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back