2015 Forester XT QSUD D1G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jbutch
This looks interesting, however I do not know where to find it in Canada...
This forum's username Garak uses Muilt-Vehicle in Canada. (2008 Infiniti G37 - Shell ROTELLA T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30)

Originally Posted by jbutch
This looks interesting, however I do not know where to find it in Canada...

NAPA Canada sells it. Any Shell distributor will be able to sell it at a very attractive price. I'm not sure where you are in Canada, but Blue Wave Energy is one of the Shell distributors (full line Shell Pennzoil-Quaker State distributor) and regular pricing is pretty much what you see for Canadian Tire weekly sale prices on their synthetics.

Looking forward to the next UOA with the Rotella T6 MV 5w30 !
smile.gif

The Amsoil XL have a good HTHS rating on it which should give you better results and it's rated for 19,000km. It's also API certified.

You can get it shipped right to your door for about the cost of shelf oil with a PC membership that gives you 25% off the website pricing and costs $25/year.

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g1404.pdf (Page 2 for HTHS specs)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Looking forward to the next UOA with the Rotella T6 MV 5w30 !
smile.gif

It won't be for a while, I got fresh oil with only 1000km in the engine. I found the Rotella T6 5w-30 at napa for 50$.

There are two things that worries me about this oil. First it's not dexos 1 gen 2 or sn plus and the other thing is the CCS of 6200 which is quite high and we have pretty cold weather up here.

Originally Posted by Garak
It's working just fine for me, and we had a pretty bad February for cold starts.

Thanks for the input!

It was actually a bit better than the 5w-40 it replaced, but both still performed suitably in our cold. It's to be expected that a 5w-30 CK-4 or C3 or A3/B4 will not be as great in the cold weather numbers as a 5w-30 ILSAC lube.

Originally Posted by Garak
It was actually a bit better than the 5w-40 it replaced, but both still performed suitably in our cold. It's to be expected that a 5w-30 CK-4 or C3 or A3/B4 will not be as great in the cold weather numbers as a 5w-30 ILSAC lube.

You guys convinced me, I got a jug of Rotella MV this morning.

Now I have to wait to finish this OCI..... I might dump it early, hahaha

I just realized that the QSUD has sheared quite a lot on the last OCI, from 11.6 cst to 7.81 cst (@KV 100c)... From a thick 30 weight to a thin 20 weight.

These TGDI seems to be quite hard on the GF-5 oils.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
If a GDI engine , wouldn't a A5/B5 rated oil aid in shearing down out of grade ?

Tried an A5/B5 (Pennzoil Platinum) and it also sheared down to a 20 grade.

Originally Posted by kschachn
How do you know the viscosity deviation was from shear and not fuel dilution?

It is most likely from both, however the fuel dilution is only 0.8%(i know blackstone fuel levels can be disputed...), it wouldn't make such a drop in viscosity on it's own IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back