Alternatives to Stack-On Gun Locker Cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nationwide recall just issued on Stack-On basic metal locking gun cabinets of all capacities due to lock failures allowing keyless access. What alternatives are out there? I simply need something to keep visiting grand kids and honest people out.

https://www.stack-on.com/recall/

That looks like they're talking about a specific model of gun safe, not the cabinets? Am I missing something?

simply buy any model except the one that was recalled

This recall involves the Stack-On Sentinel model safe. The black steel safe is used to store firearms and valuables. It measures 40 inches by 25 inches by 55 inches. It has three shelves and can store approximately ten firearms. The style number FSS18-64-MB-E-S can be found on the shipping packaging. The "Sentinel" name appears on the front of the safe.

My local locksmith (Fort Worth, Texas) has a ton of new & used safes, including gun safes... of all different ranges of quality and price.

Check your local one, too?

There's at least two things wrong with this model as is.

There are a million other models. How about support your fellow countrymen and buy one made here? Perhaps from a retailer a bit friendlier to firearm owners?

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back